Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Can OPK's give me a false negative?

I've done a bunch of OPK's this month and I followed the instructions. I used the digital Clearblue ones. But they were always negative. Take a look at my chart. Did I just not ovulate this month? Or not yet? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Started TTC Aug '09
Me: 24, HSG=clear, normal hormone levels, regular cycles, insulin resistance
DH: 25, SA normal
Dx Unexplained Infertility Oct '11
3 cycles of Clomid w/ TI =BFN
IUI#1 Jan. 23 w/ Clomid =BFN
IUI#2 Feb. 19 w/ Clomid =BFN
IUI#3 Mar. 16 w/ Clomid= Apr. 1 beta=8, very faint BFP w/ ClearBlue test...Apr. 2 @ 9pm-BFN w/ ClearBlue...Apr. 3- spotting and cramping...Apr. 5, confirmed c/p.
IUI#4 May. 16 w/ Clomid =BFN
IUI#5 Jun. 11 w/ Clomid =BFN
IUI#6 Jul. 6 w/ Gonal-F 75units + Ovidrel =BFN
TI w/ Gonal-F 75units + Ovidrel =BFN
IUI#7 Aug. 28 w/ Gonal-F 125units + Ovidrel =BFN
Break cycle=BFN
IUI#8 Oct. 20 w/ Gonal-F 125units + Ovidrel + Progesterone =BFN
IUI#9 Nov. 13 w/ Gonal-F 150units + Ovidrel + Acupuncture + Progesterone =BFN
IVF#1-- ER Mar. 3: 9R, 7M, 7F. ET scheduled for Mar. 8

A CACKLE A DAY

Re: Can OPK's give me a false negative?

• Options
    It's possible you just missed your surge or your urine was too diluted.  Are you testing once or twice a day?  You do seem to have a bit of a temp shift.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think you O'd sometime between CD 14 and 16.  I can't pinpoint a day but the temps after day 16 are noticeably higher than those before 14.

It is possible to not have a positive OPK, especially if you only test once a day.  The LH surge can be as short as 12 hours, so you can miss it.  I usually test twice a day when I think I'm close to Oing.

Good luck!

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Em208Em208 member
    Could be that you haven't ovulated. My periods tend to be a bit irregular, and this month actually, I ovulated on day 23... so it could possibly be any day now for you.
  • Options
    I see a temp shift too.  I would guess you O'ed on CD 14 maybe.  How long are your cycles usually?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

First; yes it is possible to not catch a possitive on OPK's.  My college roommate used them for three months and never got a pos but did get KU and I too used them this month and while I would get close to a pos I never got it the same color as the test line. 

Second; it possible you O'd on cd14.  Can you cd17 to a closed circle to see if FF then gives you CH's?  Compared to last months cycle for you that seems early so I don't know for sure but I guess you'll know once you hit 15 dp that day or not if that was it.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options

imagecacklemonsta:
    I've done a bunch of OPK's this month and I followed the instructions. I used the digital Clearblue ones. But they were always negative. Take a look at my chart. Did I just not ovulate this month? Or not yet? Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

It kinda looks like it, but why no CH?

Also from my experience, I never ever got a CBE digital OPK to work.  And this was following the directions, testing at different times of the day.  Hated them, hated the cost even more.

I'd recommend the cheapie strips.  Rather than having a digital reader determine the threshhold for positive, you can look at it colorwise and at least see if your surge is really close and take that information as you want.  Whether to test later or just say good enough.

• Options

imagekim1730:
    I see a temp shift too.  I would guess you O'ed on CD 14 maybe.  How long are your cycles usually?

This.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageWordsmith226:

I don't think so.  I'd keep testing.

Why the open circles? Are you tracking CM too?

The open circles are when I take my temp way earlier or later than normal. Usually it's only like an hour difference. Cuz I usually do my temps between 7:30 and 8, depending when I wake up, but one was closer to 6 and the other open dots were closer to 9 or after 9.

I have tried to track CM but it all looks the same to me. I dunno, maybe I need to try harder.

Started TTC Aug '09
    IUI#3 Mar. 16 w/ Clomid= Apr. 1 beta=8, very faint BFP w/ ClearBlue test...Apr. 2 @ 9pm-BFN w/ ClearBlue...Apr. 3- spotting and cramping...Apr. 5, confirmed c/p.
    Break cycle=BFN

A CACKLE A DAY

• Options

imagegymnst1013:
    It's possible you just missed your surge or your urine was too diluted.  Are you testing once or twice a day?  You do seem to have a bit of a temp shift.

I only test once a day. Usually around 7pm.

Started TTC Aug '09
    Break cycle=BFN

A CACKLE A DAY

• Options
    image*justducky*:

I think you O'd sometime between CD 14 and 16.  I can't pinpoint a day but the temps after day 16 are noticeably higher than those before 14.

It is possible to not have a positive OPK, especially if you only test once a day.  The LH surge can be as short as 12 hours, so you can miss it.  I usually test twice a day when I think I'm close to Oing.

Good luck!

Well that's good news! Hopefully that's the case. Because we definitely did the BD around that time

Started TTC Aug '09
    Break cycle=BFN

A CACKLE A DAY

• Options

imagekim1730:

My cycles vary. I've had 27 day, 29 day, 33 day, 25 day, and 31 day cycles.

Started TTC Aug '09
    Break cycle=BFN

A CACKLE A DAY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"