North Carolina Babies
Options

Paging moms of babies with HAIR

When do you start to use kids' shampoo (or something other than Johnson and Johnson's)? Right now we're using the hair/body wash and I'm thinking it might be leading to our greasy hair issue. Seriously, we do baths every other night and by bath night she looks like Bob's Big Boy.

Re: Paging moms of babies with HAIR

• Options
    I can't remember when exactly, but it was early.  We use the Aveeno moisturizing shampoo, it is very lightweight and rinses out easily.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we got 2 things of shampoo as gifts and we're just starting the 2nd one, so i can't tell you if it helps or not, but nora had a ton of hair as a baby and she's always been ok to go every other day with the shampoo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We didn't really switch until a few months ago, but Maddie's hair was constantly greasy when she was little!
  • Options
    we still use J&J hair and body. I don't think it's the shampoo, it's the fact that you are handling her head so much- esp since you are BFing- all that extra body oil getting on her. Emily's hair was oily when she was a baby too- but we have washed every other day for a long time now and I haven't noticed any greasiness to it in over a year. We only have to wash it b/c of the food or snot that she gets into it Stick out tongue
  • Options

Savannah doesn't have much hair, but after we finished the first bottle of J&J we switched to Burt's Bees hair and body wash.  I love the way it smells!  Her hair doens't get very oily, but we end up washing it every other day because she gets food or ketchup in it.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options
    we've been using the aveeno bath and hair wash since he was a baby and have not had any greasiness.  We bath him everyday though, it is part of his bedtime routine.   
  • Options
    We will be using the J&J until it runs out! Haha!
  • Options
    Allie had greasy hair too.  We started baths every night at about a month old.  And we started using J&J No more tears, no more tangles about that time too.  We still do bath every night. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're still doing J&J body shampoo and Rosalyn doesn't have greasy hair at all.  I think it was probably a little greasy when she was Margo's age though b/c of bfing.  Eswan has a really good point!  I had not thought of that.  We also bathe every other night.
  • Options
    Yup, greasy hair is the norm for babies that age. Just think how often you hold her and touch her hair with your face, lips, hands, all that oil transfers. I hated it!! I hated her looking like a grease monkey. I don't remember when it stopped, but we didn't switch over to the full Johnson and Johnson shampoo until recently. I know at least at 6 months she was pretty grease free.
  • Options
    I wonder when Keira will get more hair....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Just chiming it to tell you we're experiencing the same greasy hair issue. So, thanks for asking!
    PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"