Northern California Babies
Options

places to take photos (sac/rocklin/roseville)

My husband and I are going to do a maternity photo shoot all on our own and I'm looking for places to try out.

Anyone know any nice fields/parks/paths around Rocklin/Roseville/Folsom that we could try out? Folsom lake is on our list but that's pretty much it.

TIA! 

Re: places to take photos (sac/rocklin/roseville)

• Options
    We are actually going to take lil J to the botanical garden at 8520 Fair Oaks Blvd. in Carmichael in a few hours to take pictures because all the tulips are blooming and it's gorgeous!  I'll post a pic or two tonight if you're interested :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It may sound really strange, but do you know where Sun City Roseville is?  It is a 55+ housing development and community and it has beautiful places to take pictures...my husband and I took our engagement photos there.  There is a beautiful golf course, oak trees, waterfalls, a walking path, and pretty flowers/foliage.  Here are some examples from our shoot:

By the waterfall/lagoon:

By some flowers:

On the walking path:

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my maternity photos taken at Clover Valley park in Rocklin - - - I haven't seen them yet but I love that park.  Very pretty and the stream is nice too.

Rocklin also has some nice walking paths - including a rustic one up behind my house (off of Park).

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I love Capital Park for photos.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options

imageladipale:
    I love Capital Park for photos.

Oh I totally forgot about capitol park!  I work at the capitol so I often forget the park is a great place for pictures!  The rose garden is really pretty. 

• Options

Thanks so much ladies!

There was some nice tall grass out at Folsom lake but I'm definitely going to check out those other parks. 

• Options
    Capitol Park is where we got married, and there are always great photo ops there, between the gardens, inside the Capitol, and the nice architecture. We had our engagement pics done at McKinley Park, which was also nice. I also agree with the pp on SunCity, either Roseville, or Lincoln. Lake Natomas may also have some nice spots. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"