South Florida Babies
Options

shower/sprinkle wording

my sil (brother's new wife) and her mom are graciously throwing me a shower and they are very excited about it.

I have 2 year old twins and have almost everything we need, so I orginally didn't even want a shower, but we're keeping it small and they have wonderful taste so I know it will be cute.

to the point, i've told them i don't really want or need gift, but how can we word this.

they have written something to the effect "claudia has requested that gift be optional, but if you want to "sprinkle" her with something, she is registered at bru"

any better ideas? she wants to give the guests some direction.

Re: shower/sprinkle wording

• Options

I would just put "no gifts, please" on the invitation, and if anyone calls the hosts to ask if there's anything you want or need, then they can say that you have a registry.  Or they can mention it to some of the invitees unasked, but I wouldn't put it on the invitation. Sort of a mixed message to say "no gifts, but there's a gift registry."

Tania

• Options
    I agree with PP. I'm sure word will get around about the registry without putting it on the invitation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks for the responses, i don't know why, but  i felt bad asking her to change it. she of course didn't mind at all and just wanted me to be comfortable.

i'm super excited now about celebrating the arrival of alyssa with close friends and family!

• Options
    I agree with the girls - and I'm so excited about Alyssa's arrival too!  :)

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

yeah, definately don't put anything about the registry.

You will most likely get all clothes since you are having a girl but if you really don't need any, why don't you ask them to throw you a "diaper 7 wipes" shower instead?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"