Oregon Babies

Looks like clomid for me...

Hey ladies!

We went to the doc yesterday and he ordered lab work and more on the 8th of April. If I haven't O'd yet we will start clomid right away. I'm a little nervous because i've heard some crazy things about clomid, but I am so happy and relieved to have a plan of attack. It looks like, for the most part, the last few months were a waste of time. God knows what he's doing and it wasn't meant to be yet, but I have high hopes for the new approach!

Any clomid adivce?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looks like clomid for me...

• Good luck.  I hope everything works out.  Make sure he monitors you to make sure you're not ovulating too many eggs.  There are quite a few higher order multiples on the multiples board who were conceived because their doctors handed them a prescription for Clomid and never checked how many eggs they were likely going to ovulate.  I think there can also be issues if it's used long-term.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • No advice, but just wanted to say good luck. I can't wait for the day I come on here and see your BFP post! Wink
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck sweety!  I don't know anything about clomid but I am so excited for you!  Can't wait to till we hear the good news! :D
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageenail5:

Good luck.  I hope everything works out.  Make sure he monitors you to make sure you're not ovulating too many eggs.  There are quite a few higher order multiples on the multiples board who were conceived because their doctors handed them a prescription for Clomid and never checked how many eggs they were likely going to ovulate.  I think there can also be issues if it's used long-term.

He said that they would watch that and told me that the chance of having twins was 6 in 100. That's a petty high chance. I'm sure it would be amazing though. I am just so excited to finally be getting somewhere! Were you on clomid or was it hereditary? My doc said he oly knows of one couple that had twins an that was because a family doc had given the meds and not watched it. I think we're only going to try it for 6 months. I'm praying we don't have to go to te next step.

Thanks ladies! I love the support I get here!

• Hi there! I commonly read the board but don't post. I took the EVIL Clomid twice. I got pregnant both times on it, which was nice. I miscarried the first and have my beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter from my second round. Advice? Depending on the dosage...tell your husband you love him and for the 8 (if I remember correctly?) days you take it, it will be an out of body experience. Remind him you love him and for him to just hold on for the ride :) I got TERRIBLE hot flashes, in the middle of Dec. I was also very high/low, more so then usual. I remember feeling a little out of my mind, but reminded myself of what we were trying to accomplish on it! My dr. said he would only do 3 months of it and if it didn't work, we'd move on. I think 3-6 is usually the norm, depending on the person/situation. Any other questions, I'd be more then happy to answer! Baby dust your way and hopes it's as effective for you as it was me :)
  • imageTogabby:
    Hi there! I commonly read the board but don't post. I took the EVIL Clomid twice. I got pregnant both times on it, which was nice. I miscarried the first and have my beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter from my second round. Advice? Depending on the dosage...tell your husband you love him and for the 8 (if I remember correctly?) days you take it, it will be an out of body experience. Remind him you love him and for him to just hold on for the ride :) I got TERRIBLE hot flashes, in the middle of Dec. I was also very high/low, more so then usual. I remember feeling a little out of my mind, but reminded myself of what we were trying to accomplish on it! My dr. said he would only do 3 months of it and if it didn't work, we'd move on. I think 3-6 is usually the norm, depending on the person/situation. Any other questions, I'd be more then happy to answer! Baby dust your way and hopes it's as effective for you as it was me :)

Thank you so much! You gave me hope! I am goingto try my very hardest to keep myself in check and not take it out on MH. Hot flashes are going to be crappy, but I'll just have to keep the mindset of "its all for a reason."

• I took Clomid for 3 months before my doctor took me off due to no pregnancy.  They gave my body a rest and put me back on it a couple months later with some other meds and injections and finally insemination.  Now we have our amazing daughter who will be two in May.  Clomid also gave me horrid hot flashes.  I got so tired of people telling me it was worth it.  It's worth it no matter the path you take.  Just remember to talk with your husband and to try and still have fun with sex and don't make it a 2nd job.  It is so easy to forget about each other when your on a mission to get pregnant.  Your not alone and as lonely as it can feel there are unfortunately many who have had a similar journey...but remember to give yourself permission to be sad/mad.

Good luck!

• I'm on my second month of Clomid, and have had no side effects. I'm on the lowest dose, which is 50mg. I did ovulate the first month though which was exciting. But my LP was only 10 days. So this month I'll do blood work on CD 21 to see if the dose is high enough. Good luck!!
  • hi there!  I just conceived on my 4th round of Clomid.  Luckily I ov'd on the lowest dose every time (50mg I believe) but even though I was ov'ing and timing right it still took 4 tries.  If it hadn't happened this month we were being referred to ORM, so I'm SO glad it did.

When it didn't happen the first month I was devastated, but I kept trying and it was worth it!

because i was on the lowest dose I didn't have any major side effects.  The only thing for me was that I got severe cramping when I ov'd.  It was nice to be able to pinpoint ov so clearly, but man those cramps knocked me out!

GOOD LUCK to you!  Smile

TTC #1 4/09-3/10, dx PCOS, 5th round clomid BFP 3/27/10, Nolan Lee, 11/13/10, PROM 36 weeks
    TTC #2 6/12-3/13, natural BFP 3/24/13, TWINS
    MC first twin at 11weeks, MC/preterm labor second twin, DD at 15weeks, 6/7/13
    BFP 9/21/13, EDD 6/5/13!!  It's a GIRL

SHE'S HERE!  Scarlett Christine, 5/19/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"