Illinois Babies

Northwestern (prentice) delivery - have you picked your ped yet?

I need to get preregistered on the northwestern website (I've never been a patient at NU). 

In order to even get past the first page, you have to pick the pediatrician that will see your babe in the hospital for the first two (?) visits. 

Anyone have any recs or should I just go the "eenie meenie miney moe" method?

Re: Northwestern (prentice) delivery - have you picked your ped yet?

• When you're preregistering, you can just put down anyone, and then change it when you've decided on a ped.

For DD, we researched and interviewed three practices in Chicago:

NMPG Peds practice (the famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective on sleep training) Dr. Weissbluth is part of this practice)

Town and Country

Lakeview Pediatrics

We ended up going with Lakeview. I can't speak to the other practices - but some of the main reasons we chose them:

1. they allowed us to interview them before DD was born

2. small practice - it's large enough that there is always a doc available, but small enough that we've met all the docs

3. no charges for after-hours calls - lots of practices will charge $50-$75 if you call them after-hours. When DD was a newborn and we were just figuring it out, it was helpful to know that we could just call and not think, "there goes another $50 for what could be a stupid question." They also call back very quickly (within 30-60 minutes for urgent calls).

4. Saturday (but no Sunday) hours

GL!

• Interviewing peds is on our list of things to do in the next few months. I can't believe we're already at that point!

I'll be asking my OB for recs as well as some of my Mom friends.

Thanks for the review of Lakeview Pediatrics! 

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • We had our baby at Prentice and used NMPG for our stay in the hospital.  We don't live in the city anymore so we did not stay with the practice.  However, we were very happy with them while we were in the hospital.  I think the Dr that we saw and treated DS at Prentice was Dr. Hwan.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageKelekia:

NMPG Peds practice (the famous (or infamous, depending on your perspective on sleep training) Dr. Weissbluth is part of this practice)

Dr. Weissbluth is actually NOT with NMPG. 

I have used both Weisbluth and NMPG. i must say we are MUCH happier with NMPG than Dr. CIO. DS sees the NPs at NMPG and they are wonderful!

• we absolutely LOVE lakeview. they're incredibly nice, accomodating. we have yet to have a problem with them!
  • i love dr. jennifer bergquist at town and country.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"