Postpartum Depression
Options

Could this be PPD?

I had a hemorrhoidectomy which went horribly wrong about 3 wks ago and I'm still recovering and may even need a 2nd surgery.  I am still breastfeeding and I had Mirena inserted in Dec. My baby is 4 mos old and I have a 3 yr old. I work full time, we own our own business and it has been extremely stressful lately with year end taxes, me missing work due to my recovery, etc etc.... I'm stressed, anxious, feeling horribly guilty about the amount of time I'm spending with my kids, but when I'm with them I'm anxious about everything else I need to be doing. I have read about the symptoms of PPD but then I think, could it just be that I'm a mess from this surgery? I got a horrible sinus infection on top of it, then I had to pump/dump for 10 days after my surgery because I was on all these drugs for urinary retention issues and a strong narcotic. I started breastfeeding again after I stopped the meds. I don't know what to think. I'm feel so sick still, my butt is still in pain, and I'm overwhelmed with everything! 

thanks in advance for advice.

Re: Could this be PPD?

• Options

You've been through a lot, that's for sure. I am of the "better safe than sorry" camp. I would talk to your doc, explain what you are feeling and get his/her sense for it. At least that's what I did. Thankfully, my PPD was mild and I began work with my therapist at about 8 weeks PP, rather than waiting until things "got bad."

HTH. GL.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"