Detroit Babies
Options

Providence Park - Dr. Blessed or Dr. Welch

Anyone see either of these doctors?  Any feedback?  Or, if you didn't see these doctors did you deliver at Providence Park and if so, what was your experience?  Thanks!

Re: Providence Park - Dr. Blessed or Dr. Welch

• Options

I saw Dr. Blessed for a consultation when we found out I'm carrying twins.  I'm assuming you know he's an MFM and deals with high risk pregnancies.  He really just informed DH and me about the basic differences and risks involved in multple pregnancies, most of which I'd read about before seeing him.  I haven't seen him since as this pregnancy has gone quite smoothly, but he was very nice and easy to talk to.  I've gone to that office for growth scans (ultrasounds) and everyone there is great.   There was one nurse there when we went for the consultation that we found a little strange, but overall I have only good things to say.

I will be delivering at Providence Park and have heard nothing but good things from those who already have.

• Options

I've actually seen both since they are at St. Mary's in Livonia on Friday's to deal w/high risk pregnancies like my own.

They are both good & knowledgable.  I connected more w/Dr. Welch, but Dr. Blessed was just as good.

As for delivery I'm at St. Mary's, so can't help you w/Providence Park.

GL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I did know he's an MFM, that's who I see here (I go to St. Joe's) as I had a stillborn baby in 2007.  We're moving so I'm looking for a new doctor and hospital since St. Joe's in AA will be just a little too far for us.  Thanks for your info!  Good luck to you.
  • Options
    I haven't seen either of them, as I'm not high risk, however, I'm in the same boat as CER+MEL, I will be delivering out of Providence Park in June.  I've only heard great things as well.  I'm sure both of us will be more than happy to share our experiences with you once we deliver :)
    Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options

We delivered DS at Providence Park last October, shortly after they opened and had a fabulous experience. We'll be delivering there with DD in late June. The nurse that helped us deliver DS had almost 25 years experience and was very motherly, which helped put me at ease through our first birth experience. Each nurse took 12hr shifts, so we didn't see many, but the others that we did see were kind as well. We were induced, so they knew we were coming and shuffled us into a room as soon as we arrived.  Someone came around to register us via computer shortly after we got settled and the next day they did the baby's birth records the same way. Biggest perks: I liked that their visiting policy allowed as many ppl as the mother/father wanted at a time and that guests could come/go as they please. Also, the rooms are LDRP rooms and equipped with a pull-out couch/bed for the Dad/guest. 

• Options
    I didn't have either of these dr's but delivered at Prov. Park and loved it.  My delivery nurse was fantastic.  Plus, the floor was so quiet.  You couldn't hear anything from any of the other rooms, which was nice - it would have really stressed me out to hear other women screaming.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"