TTC after 35
Options

Back from the dentist

So I was the one that wasted the pee stick worrying about my dentist appt.  Anyway, no cavities!!!  I did ask my dentist, for future reference, about x-rays while pregnant.  I am sure a lot of you already know this but for those of you who may not know...

He said that they don't do x-rays in the 1st trimester and if dental work is needed it is best to do it in the 2nd trimester.  His experience was in the 3rd trimester most women are just too uncomfortable for dental work.  Then the hygienist said that they usually don't do any x-rays on pregnant women unless they are really complaining about a severe tooth ache or something.

Good to know. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Re: Back from the dentist

• Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • Options

This is totally random but on topic with going to the dentist.

I had to get a cavity filled last month and my dentist was telling me and her assistant that when she was doing dental work in Africa they did not have anything like Novocaine to numb any dental work a person had to have done. Can you imagine??!?!?!?!?! Indifferent 

She said some patients would come with alcohol (like rum) to help ease the pain.  

Ugh, my teeth hurt just thinking about this.

Indifferent 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Iz, thanks!

Chicken, OW OW OW!

• Options
    image*Chicken*:

they did not have anything like Novocaine to numb any dental work a person had to have done. Can you imagine??!?!?!?!?! Indifferent 

She said some patients would come with alcohol (like rum) to help ease the pain.  

Indifferent 

My DH never had novocaine growing up...  His family didn't have enough money to pay for it...  OWWWWWW

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    image*Chicken*:

I had to get a cavity filled last month and my dentist was telling me and her assistant that when she was doing dental work in Africa they did not have anything like Novocaine to numb any dental work a person had to have done. Can you imagine??!?!?!?!?! Indifferent 

Indifferent 

Holy Crap, I would need a gallon of moonshine!

1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options
    imageMAH123:
    image*Chicken*:

Indifferent 

Holy Crap, I would need a gallon of moonshine!

HAHAHAHA...exactly this!  moonshine!   Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"