Canada Babies
Options

How long are you working for?

Hey Canadian Ladies,

Just wondering how long before you're due date do you plan on taking mat leave? I'm done about 2 weeks before my due date so I can finish up getting some things ready at home, like cooking and freezing meals for when baby is here.

Re: How long are you working for?

• Options
    I went off a week and a half before my due date. Then he arrived 2 weeks late. I got really really really bored.
  • Options
    I'm going to try to work until the end of September. Operative word being "try". My due date isn't until October 22nd, but twins come early I guess. Hopefully I don't have to do the bedrest thing either. Hopefully I can walk at the end of September -- a little worried about how big I'm going to be with these 2, especially since DH is a thick guy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am hoping to work until 1 week before my due date, but everyone seems to think I am crazy. I'll just see how I feel when the time gets closer.
  • Options
    I worked until July 15th, DD was due August 1st. She didn't come til August 10th, oh well! =)
  • Options
    I worked until September 11th, LO was due on October 2nd, and was born on October 4th.  I was bored after about a week.
  • Options
    I was supposed to finish work on Friday a couple days before my official due date, but she ended up coming a littler early, on Tuesday. Fortunately I was working at home that last week, but I was sending files and explanatory emails to the office while in the early stages of labour :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Annabel was due on February 16th, so I decided I would work up until the end of January, and then I would have a couple of weeks to be lazy and relax (as best as I could in that state) before the baby came.  My last day of work was January 27th.  My water broke in the afternoon of the 29th and she was born that night.  I didn't even get a full weekend to 'relax'.  My DH still teases me because as my labour progressed (and I wasn't at my most rational) I was whining about how I was supposed to be at home watching TV and relaxing.  

My sister says that I jinxed myself because I had everything ready to go before I started my mat leave. 

• Options
    I 'planned' to be off work 2 weeks prior to my due date, but it didn't work out that way. My doctor pulled me from work a month before my due date.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm hoping to work until they kick me out!!

I guess I'll have to wait and see as the date gets closer but for now I have no issues, blood pressure is good and I am feeling well and I want as much time as possible on the other end before I have to come back so I want to wait it out as long as I can now!!!!

PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a bunch of stat and vac time to take, so I took a month off before the baby came.  It was so nice because I was sooo uncomfortable for that last month, and not having to sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day was a Godsend!
  • Options
    Ya I'm finding it very uncomfortable to be sitting at a desk all day! Baby is really low and I can't even comfortably sit in an upright position anymore, I need to be reclined a bit! Thank god I am done soon!
  • Options
    I went off work about 2 weeks before my due date... but ended up going a week overdue so I got 3 weeks! I was getting bored at the end, but in the beginning it was nice to have the break. I tried to take the time to make sure everything was ready and to just get some rest!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"