Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Convertible Carseat...Help me decide!

Hi ladies!

I need to move DD into a convertible seat ASAP! She's still legal, but is creeping up on the height limit. Plus, she's starting to look mighty uncomfortable!

I want to keep her rearfacing until at least 18 months, hopefully 2+ if it's working out well. The problem I am running into is my small backseat. I drive a Honda Civic and DH's car also has a very small backseat. We take lots of day trips together, so we really need something that's not going to limit the front passanger side too much.

I tried the Marathon, but rearfacing, it's way too big. I know the Britax Roundabout gets good reviews, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money since the rearfacing weight limit is still low.

I am looking into the Evenflo Triump Advance, but the belt adjuster intimidates me. I seems like the straps could get twisted and you have to push really hard to loosen the straps.

Any suggestions?

Re: Convertible Carseat...Help me decide!

• Options

I drive a toyota corolla and I have a Racaro and I love it.  It is a little on the big size but it still fits in my car rear facing.   Gunnar is still rear facing for safety reasons and I plan on keeping  him that way until he is at least 2.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

we have the evenflo symphony in DH's car.  love it!  it can rear face up to 35 lbs, which seems to be about average for convertible seats.  we have a marathon (only because we got an amazing deal on it lol) but it's only a 2 way convertible so we'll still need a booster when DD is older.  the symphony is a 3 way, so it goes from rear facing, to forward facing, to booster which was a big selling point for me.  it's super easy to install and the straps on this model are no different than an infant seat (in my opinion anyway).  now, the model we have is the one before the one out now, but i don't think anything changed with them (except the weight limit on the new one is 65 lbs w/ the 5-point harness forward facing; i think ours is only to 40 lbs).  the graco my ride 65 is also supposed to be a great seat; that was our second choice, but as with the marathon it's only a 2 way convertible seat.

wow, that got really long!  sorry about that.  if you have any questions on any specific seats, let me know...i live with a carseat expert (lol, no really i do...DH works for a company i cannot name, but that sells carseats and he is very well trained on them).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the Evenflo Triumph Advance and LOVE it.  We have had no issues with the straps; in fact, I would say that the straps are awesome and easy to adjust.  I can't say whether it would be small enough for your car though because we have an SUV.  If you wanted to try it out in your car, I'd be happy to have you come over to try it out!

Good luck!

• Options
    We have the Evenflo Triumph. I drive a Mazda 3 sedan and it does cramp our car a little bit. DH sits in the front passenger seat and is okay. He is over 6 feet tall but it is tight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a Recar Signo in my Subaru Legacy.  With the snap and go, there was no way anyone was riding in the passenger seat of the Legacy, but with the Recaro, you can fit someone in there.  It's rated for rear facing up to 35 pounds, and FF up to 75 (but I'm sure most kids out grow it height wise by then!) And it's pretty easy to install (so says DH.)
  • Options
    I have 2 of the Evenflo Symphony 65's (Liberty Edition). I really like it.  From what I can understand, if you go to BRU they'll let you take the desplay ones off the shelf and try them in your car to see which ones works best for you. I've never done it but the girls on the 3-6 and 6-12 boards said so...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a Marathon and Roundabout.  The Roundabout fits nicely in our small Nissan Sentra with plenty of room for a  front seat passenger.  I was concerned about the lower rear facing weight limit too, esp b/c Ethan was in the 90th percentile when we bought it but then I considered how much their weight gain slows once they are mobile.  He's been about the same weight for months.  I doubt he's going to gain 12 pounds by the time he's two.  If we hadn't gotten such a great deal on it though I would have considered the other highly rated seats like the Evenflo Triumph Advance.  You're more than welcome to try out our Roundabout.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies! I really need to make a decision soon, so your feedback helped. I have been to BRU several times, but it always seems to be on a day that it's raining!
  • Options

We have the Evenflo Triumph Advanced Premiere, which I love.  I'm not crazy about the DLX or LX models though, I really prefer the safelatch connectors.  They have stopped making that in all black though, only a hideous brown pattern, and I can only find in on Albeebaby.  I have a VW Jetta, and I had a VW Cabrio (aka the smallest car in the world) and it fit fine in both cars.  The husband could sit in the passenger seat still.

We are looking at getting the Symphony as our second car seat, or the Safety first air seat.  Leaning toward the symphony though.

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"