South Jersey Babies
Options

Mommy Groups?

Hi Everyone, 

I'm so happy to join you on this board! This is my first baby and I'm in my 7th week!  I'm from WI and moved to NJ about 3.5 years ago.  My best friend back home joined a mommy's group when she got pregnant.  The group then met regulaly for play dates, cooked meals for new moms, etc. She has made some great new friends this way!  Is there anything like that around here?  The Bump is great but it would be fun to get to meet some of the ladies that are sharing this awesome time in their lives too. 

Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all here.

Stacy

Re: Mommy Groups?

• Options
    Congrats!!  I met you at the GTG a LONG time ago.  So excited for you!!
  • Options
    Hi Stacy! There is a group called South Jersey MOM you can look them up online, they are a pretty big deal there is a newsletter/magazine and everything...also have you checked lilaguide? I have not checked it recently but I would like to join a mommy group after LO gets here..let me know if you find out anything, my name is Autumn I live in Deptford like 2 min from the mall!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Autumn,

Congrats on your recent wedding and baby on the way:-)  I will check out those groups and let you know what I find out.  Also, I saw your post about visiting hospitals.  I don't think it's too early at all, I'm visitng Virtua in a few weeks!  Can't wait :-)

Stacy

• Options
    Hi there!  I only went to the one GTG so please help me out.  Where were you sitting at the table?  How far along are you??  CONGRATS :-)
  • Options
    No problem.  I organized it.  I can't remember where I was sitting.  I am only 5 weeks along-- just found out last week.  Doesnt feel real at all at this point!
  • Options
    imageNelson&Stacy:

Hi Everyone, 

I'm so happy to join you on this board! This is my first baby and I'm in my 7th week!  I'm from WI and moved to NJ about 3.5 years ago.  My best friend back home joined a mommy's group when she got pregnant.  The group then met regulaly for play dates, cooked meals for new moms, etc. She has made some great new friends this way!  Is there anything like that around here?  The Bump is great but it would be fun to get to meet some of the ladies that are sharing this awesome time in their lives too. 

Stacy

you live in magnolia that is so close to me i live in blackwood

my uncle is the chief of police in magnolia too--small world

if you want to start a mommy group i will help you

• Options
    imagemrs.ritz:
    imageNelson&Stacy:

Hi Everyone, 

Stacy

Wow, that is funny.  It is a small world.  Is this your first?  I think a mommy group would be great.  Since I moved here just a few years ago I don't really know any women trying to get pregnant or with really young children.  Most are way ahead of me :-)  Nice meeting you and congrats!!

• Options
    imageNelson&Stacy:
    imagemrs.ritz:
    imageNelson&Stacy:

Hi Everyone, 

Stacy

Wow, that is funny.  It is a small world.  Is this your first?  I think a mommy group would be great.  Since I moved here just a few years ago I don't really know any women trying to get pregnant or with really young children.  Most are way ahead of me :-)  Nice meeting you and congrats!!

yes this is our first!!  we are so excited.....i would love to get a mommy group together.  there were a few other women that i talked to on here in our area that are intersted as well.  congrats to you too.

• Options

I would definitely be interested in joining a mommy group!  Being a Pa transplant to NJ, I don't really know many people here in NJ.  I'd love to meet some new people, particularly those going through the same thing as me.

I'm right down WHP from Magnolia in Oaklyn.

• Options
    Hello all! I would love to join a Moomy group too! Even though I have lived in SJ for 4 years now I still feel like a newbie since I am not from here originally-it seems so many people here have family ties. I live in Audubon so close to everyone else. Let me know if you get anything together and if you want/need any help!
  • Options
    i think we should all get together for lunch and chit chat a bit
  • Options

I think that a lunch sounds great. Should we pick a date a couple weekends out so that people can get it on their calendars? Sat 17th of April?

Any suggestions for locations? It sounds like a lot of us are along the WHP-we have a great diner in Audubon but I know there must be other great places along the way. And of course by the CH mall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"