Toronto Babies

Sunday QOTD

Wow, where did the weekend go?

Today's question for you comes after yet another night of my son waking every 45 minutes:

Have you used any kind of sleep training to get your LO to sleep better and or settle him/herself? If so, what have you used, and would you recommend it?

Re: Sunday QOTD

• I have not used any sleep training but I did read the No Cry Sleep Solution and The No Cry Nap Solution.  They gave some really good tips and a good understanding of infant sleep but I never followed a plan as our sleep is actually pretty good.

At 4.5 months we went through a phase where she woke every sleep cycle (45 min).  It sucked.  But it ended and I really don't think sleep training would have made it end any sooner, she just had to get past it.  It took about a week.  So sorry Mama! Just do what you have to do to get some sleep and know that it is very temporary.

• Thanks. I really hope it's temporary. Fingers crossed for a good night...

I'm off to bed. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. It's a good thing he's cute :) No matter how lousy the night was, he's always super sweet in the morning and it makes it all dissappear.

• Loading the player...
  • We've lucked out with a good sleeper.  The only thing we have to do is stick to a loose routine and he's out within half an hour of putting him down.
  • I just got Ben down. He goes down at 8 and sleeps for an hour then he is up and it is party time!! le sigh.

I read No Cry Sleep Solution and have been following it. We are currenlty attempting to transition him to his crib and it is working except for the above mentioned gap and the fact that the only one who can put him down in his crib is my husband.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"