Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Green poop and smelly gas?

For the past 2 days Lily has had green poopy diapers and SUPER stinky gas. We feed her pumped breastmilk and formula. But just a few days we switched from Target brand formula to Good Start Supreme.

Do you think switching formulas might be cause for her green poop and smelly gas? TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Green poop and smelly gas?

• Options
    I have heard green poop is when the baby gets too much of the foremilk (the non fatty stuff).  Make sure you are mixing up the BM bottles but it is perfectly normal and wont hurt her.  I don't know about the gas but that may be the poop answer or it may have nothing to do with it...haha
  • Options
    omg my DD poop was green and stank so bad from good start! fortunately we had to switch anyway
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is on Good Start Gentle Plus and her poop is green with some yellow also. I was told the green poop is from the Iron that is in the formula. I could be wrong though. Oh her farts smell also but I thought that is normal anyway.
  • Options
    According to DD's pedi her green poop was due to the iron in her formula.
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies. I feel so much better now.
  • Options
    At my son's 2 month appt I had to change his diaper in the Dr office and it was green so I asked the Dr and she shrugged like no big deal, its common.  I sure hope that's right b/c he's had several green ones.  He is on BM and Formula.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"