3rd Trimester
Options

nausea/vomitting/diarrhea at 37 weeks

i woke up this morning with sever diarrhea... about every 10 minutes with abdominal cramping. i called my practice after two hours of dealing with this. i was told to take immodium, take a warm shower, and relax. she said that it might be the onset of labor and my body was trying to clear itself out.

i did everything she told me then i got a new symptom after i ate a few saltine crackers... vomitting. so all day i've had a mix of n,v, and d. i'm miserable. i have no energy.

has anyone ever heard that these symptoms signal the onset of labor?

i was 1cm dilated on monday and i have been having strong b-h's all week.

Re: nausea/vomitting/diarrhea at 37 weeks

• Options
    Alot of people present with flu-like sypmtoms just prior to labor or during very early labor. Ecspecially the diarrhea. Just keep yourself hydrated and wait it out, if it turns out to be labor....BONUS!
  • Options
    It could be or you could just have a stomach bug.  I hope you feel better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    im lurking from 2nd trimester. I had to tell you I JUST got over this and It was the intestional flu. or GI Flu. I ended up in the ER for dehydration. Please drink fluids and take care of you and LO!! Feel better soon!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I was going to ask the same thing!  I am almost 36 weeks and while I'm not vomiting, I'm nauseous and have loose stool/diarrhea almost every other day...

I hate to say it, but I hope it's not the onset of labor...I need him to stay in there as long as possible--still so much to do before he gets here!

• Options
    I was just wondering and searching for info on this, I've had loose stools since yesterday and now feeling nauseousthe last hour and my belly feels tight..
  • Options
    They mentioned at my labor class that flu-like symptoms could mean that labor is approaching. That it's your body's way of clearing things out for the big event. Hope you feel better!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Last night I started having painful cramp like feelings. I was hoping they would go away but they got worse as the night went on. I also was waking up last night already vomitting. I barely made it out of bed and once I actually peed on myself while vomitting. This happened about 3 times last night. The painful cramps have eased a little and now it is just painful in the vag area. This early signs of labor sure are fun aren't they?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yep, my birthing class nurse said diahhrea, low back pain are signs of labor.  Make sure you keep in contact with your Dr.! 

And for the other, certainly hardness of the belly with diahhrea could be a labor sign.  Call your Dr.!

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This was how my first labor started.  (And I was 37 weeks as well).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"