South Jersey Babies
Options

2 1/2 year old = miserable tantrums ?

After several episodes of miserable screaming fits, I finally figured out Cami's tantrums.  It's her 2 year molars tearing through her gums!  I now feel so bad for witholding medication when she was asking for (a.k.a. DEMANDING) it.  She told me she had a boo boo and pointed into her mouth while shouting "I WANT MEDICINE!", but I assumed she just wanted the sweet flavor of the flavored medicine in her mouth.  While she was crying this evening, I was feeling around the side of her face assuming that maybe it was her ears bothering her - and she was able to communicate more specifically while pointing to her cheeks.  Poor baby... and guilty mommy :(

Re: 2 1/2 year old = miserable tantrums ?

• Options
    Aw, poor kiddo! Aidan hasn't gotten his molars yet, and I've heard that it can be painful and I've also heard that they may come in without us even knowing (the latter came from my dental hygienist who has a 3 y/o daughter).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Poor kid!  With that said, you can't beat yourself up either.  You weren't denying her the meds out of mean-ness.  Mothers are human too and can't be expected to always know what's wrong.  I'm sure I'm going to make a million mistakes.  Your heart was in the right place.

I hope she feels better and those teeth come through fast. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"