Orange County Babies
Options

South OC home daycare rate - is this reasonable?

mommytobetoo32 ? you! 
Posted 3/11/10Hi all,I am nervously counting down the final few weeks of my maternity leave. Our son is 2 1/2 mths old and I am now having second thoughts about our daycare solution for when I return to work full time.  We are currently planning to leave our son with one of our neighbors whom we know & like and who has provided daycare for others on our street (who provided recommendations). The geographic convenience and peace of mind associated with using someone we know is a big plus, HOWEVER, her pricing is higher than I'd expected ($7/hr, no flat weekly rate) and she is not licensed so we can't write off child care expenses on our taxes.  Is her rate reasonable for this area (Aliso Viejo)? I was expecting something around $250 per week but I estimate her hourly rate will add up to over $330 per week.Any feedback on this pricing and/or other childcare options (private home or facility) recommended in this area would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: South OC home daycare rate - is this reasonable?

• Options

Wow, that sounds like a lot to me.  We receive licensed in home care for $185/week per kid.  I'm in HB so I have no recs for that area but I did find my in home care through a free referral website:

https://www.orangecountychildcareassociation.org/referralsnew.htm 

• Options

I am in North SD County and the in-home daycares here average $50 per day.

Nannies start at $10/hour.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also use in home day care, non licence daycare and the lady charges me $600 flat fee/mo. I think it's pretty reasonable for being non license and haven't found any cheaper than that. We live in No OC and our baby sitter is in Diamond Bar area since i work in Ontario.
  • Options
    Does she have other kids there at the same time? If not, then it sounds like she'd be more like a nanny. And then its a good price. We paid $12/hr for our nanny. But if there are other kids there then it is high.
  • Options

Savannah11, do you like your in home care provider in Huntington Beach. We are looking for one in July, but a lot of places won't take our call till then.  If you wouldn't mind sharing your Huntington Beach information that would be incredible.  My email address is monkeyrandall@gmail.com

Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes, our neighbor would be looking after one other child (a 12 mth old) in addition to our son so it is not really comparable to a nanny situation. 

Thanks so much for everyone's feedback - I will definitely check out the OC Child Care Association website for other referrals just so we know our options....

• Options
    We will be paying $286 for a center in HB - Bright Star Learning Center, and the price goes down as the child gets older. (My ticker is wrong/not updated - I have a 3 month old and two older daughters who both have gone there.) I thought in home situations are usually cheaper. 
  • Options
    I live in Aliso Viejo, and I just went back to work 2 weeks ago.  I went through OC Childcare Association to find my in home day care.  I ended up with someone in Laguna Niguel because at the time there were not any infant openings in Aliso.  We met with a few different people and the range was $175 to $250 per week.  Of course all the referrals are licensed, so you can use your pretax money if you want.  I would recommend calling them for sure!!  We are really happy with the lady we chose. 
  • Options
    We are in the Foothill Ranch area and are planning to use an unlicensed in-home daycare (it's a friend of mine and her 2 y/o will be there), she's charging $50/day. That seems to be the going rate in our area. Sounds like you can find a licensed one out there for similar rates tho. GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"