Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Tell Mom we're TTC?

DH doesn't want to share with parents, but I dunno.  What did ya'll do?

Re: Tell Mom we're TTC?

• Options
    We haven't told anyone. We already get enough questions about when we are having a baby... we don't need any more! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I really really really don't recommend telling people. We have only 2 people that know we're TTC and I wish even they didn't know. It can feel like a lot of pressure to get pregnant instantly and that simply doesn't happen for everyone. Then, every month you feel like you have to break the news "nothing yet..."

Ugh, I am SO glad we didn't tell everyone!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom is the only family member who knows. I trust her, and she has never pressured me to have a baby. She's always told me that DH and I have to do what's best for us, so I trust her to keep mum for now.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    we told.  I wish we hadn't now looking back because it just makes everything connected.  Anytime my MIL sees me and I have a drink she kinds of tilts her head to the side and give that "so sad, you're still not PG" nod.  I hate the pity.  And my mother wants to know what point in my cycle I'm at...UGH!  And at least once a month my brother asks, "You knocked up yet?"  It's getting really old!  I say pick one close friend or family member to confide in and swear them to keep it a secret.

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Options
    We havent told anyone either. I just dont want to put any pressure on myself or disappoint anyone. Plus, we really want to enjoy breaking the news to everyone once we are.
  • Options

imagemmd091909:
    We haven't told anyone. We already get enough questions about when we are having a baby... we don't need any more! 

This..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekdodge423:

imageileniasb:
    We havent told anyone either. I just dont want to put any pressure on myself or disappoint anyone. Plus, we really want to enjoy breaking the news to everyone once we are.

Yeah, because people knowing you were trying would make it boring news.

Good call on that one.

::giggles::

OP:

I didn't tell because my mom doesn't understand IF and I knew I had issues. My mom doesn't even speak English and having to translate the whole procedure is just a dragg! But I have googled a few topics in spanish for her to read when I am ready to tell her. I just hope she's supportive! 

• Options

We tell everyone we are starting next year because_________ (insert excuse here. IE: we're waiting to pay off this bill, school, work, whatever).

That way if it happens soon it wont be a huge shock but still a surprise, and if it takes a year TTC and we arent KU yet, we can then tell everyone we are having a hard time and have actually BEEN trying and can at that point get family support in the process.

Mostly, it's a very personal decision and there are pros and cons to each. Only you know your family/ friends and how they will react. But I think if I told now, I would add the forewarning: "This may take a while so please dont ask me all the time if we are KU, I promise, when we are, you'll be the first to know." Maybe nip the problem in the bud before there can BE an issue?

Edit: typo

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We were old when we got married.  Everyone knew we would TTC right after we got married, so we didn't have much of a choice.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Only my closest friends know.  It's hard to not tell my mom, but it would just be added pressure if she knew and kept asking.
  • Options

I told my mom awhile ago, I was dealing with no AF for over 6 months, so it was nice to have her support.

DH shared with his parents that we were TTC after we started treatment with our RE.  We didn't want our parents to be in the dark.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Some of my close friends know.I haven't told my mom because she isn't to fond of the idea of having grandkids.I just don't want to hear the hassle from her about it.
  • Options
    We didn't tell anyone really until the end of last year (we've been TTC almost 3 years). But, I think it just depends on how close you are with your/his family.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    I told my mom, and 2 of my good friends, but nobody else.  They are all people who won't ask me constantly if I'm pregnant yet though!  I wouldn't tell anyone who would be insensitive enough to ask me constantly.
  • Options

my mom knows, some of my friends and some of dh'sit's not lik friends know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mother is just dying for grandkids.  I have not told her that we are TTC... it's misery enough doing the 2WW every month (we're on month #3) and I don't want to torture her, as well (or have to deal with her asking about it).  I made the mistake of telling her when my now-husband and I started looking at engagement rings and I swear to you she didn't sleep a wink until the wedding she was so excited. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"