Preemies
Options

When did you 'make' LO play independently?

DS is so social which is great, except he hates playing by himself. I'm not talking about trying to leave him in an Exersaucer for an hour - I'm talking about not being with him for 2 minutes sends him into all out fuss mode. He enjoys his bouncer, play gym, jumperoo, etc. a lot but only while you're there with him. A blanket with lots of toys - same thing. He just doesn't play independently. My house has been a disaster since he came home bc of this. When did you 'make' your LO start having some independent play time?

Re: When did you 'make' LO play independently?

• Options
    I get some independent playtime in the morning, after her breakfast but before her am nap. once she wakes up from that nap i am pwned.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the post but your little guy is SO cute :o) I love your siggy pic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I "think" they play independently for about 5-10 min. at a time right now, but that's just really recently.  I still have to be in the room or next room too.  I spent the last 4 months playing on the floor with them non-stop.

• Options

E is actually really good at playing by herself for 10-15 min at a time.  She loves to look at books in her high chair or on a blanket on the floor.  She loves this book.

She has always spent tons of time just looking at the book. Now she likes to grab the tails, look at it and also chew on it.  One of the best gifts we got.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh wow that sounds exhausting! Mine have been playing independently since they came home! But that is just because I can't hold and/or be with both of them all of the time so I guess now they are used to being alone or with just eachother if I have something to do.
    Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"