Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Nursery Water ?

I buy the nursery water to mix my twins formula with but was thinking about just buying plain ole purified water b/c it is cheaper anybody else do this?

Re: Nursery Water ?

• Options
    No, I always just used the water dispenser from the fridge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I always giggle to myself when I see women buying nursery water. It is a huge scheme. We just used filtered from the fridge or even *gasp* tap water. Her pedi actually recommended tap.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well the thing is my fridge does not have a filter system and my pedi  actually says to not use tap water.  I had one of those filtered pitchers but with twins that is just not big enough and I run through the filters way too fast.
  • Options
    We used fridge water or tap.  Our pedi said tap is fine as well.  Both boys are healthy and survived! 
  • Options
    We use bottled water for DS but only because there is an issue with excess sediment in our incoming water line. Something about being at the end of a line. Anyway the city of Dallas comes out once a week to get a sample to ensure that the water is safe. We never fail the test but I still don't feel really good about the water quality so for as long as we live in this house we will continue to buy bottled water for DS. I don't see what the difference is though between nursery water and plain bottled/filtered water.
  • Options
    My pedi says to use the tap, and most pedi dentists will say the same as tap water has some flouride in it. 
  • Options
    What about getting a Brita or Pur filter for your faucet? It would be cheaper in the long run than buying water bottles or nursery water.
    I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Options

We always used tap or filtered from the fridge.  Our pediatrician said to use tap water because of the extra flouride and minerals found in the it that you cannot get from bottled water.

Putting a PUR filter on your faucet might be a good solution.

Nursery water is just another way for a baby related company to make a buck.

• Options
    We just have a brita pitcher that I make all his bottles with.  We tried tap water once and he was fussy and spit up more so we went back to using the filtered water.
  • Options
    We always used tap water.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    imagemustangsallie:

I always giggle to myself when I see women buying nursery water. It is a huge scheme. We just used filtered from the fridge or even *gasp* tap water. Her pedi actually recommended tap.

This.

• Options
    The reason tap water (and nursery water) are recommended is because they have flouride, which(some say) babies need.  Nursery water is just bottled water WITH FLOURIDE added.  I'm not even sure if they really need the flouride.  I also just used tap water.
    Shelby is 7, Coleman is 5!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I used nursery water for a long time with the twins.  I wanted them to have the extra flouride.  I realize it probably wasn't necessary, but neither was the Dreft I purchased.  Some people buy splurge on clothes, others on toys, others on nursery water.  To each their own.
  • Options

I used Nursery water from the time I stopped BF until he was off formula. Gerber has a water also now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"