Toronto Babies
Options

Monday QOTD

Happy Monday everyone :)

Q: Are you taking the full year off? Why/why not? Is your SO taking parental leave?

Re: Monday QOTD

• Options

I'm taking the full year - because I can :) My work has a sweet maternity policy - I had 95% top up for the first 17 weeks. I'm just on EI now (ouch).

My hubby isn't taking parental leave. He has his own business as an independant contractor, so any time he takes off between contracts he just doesn't get paid (and he gets paid a lot more money than I do, so it just makes sense that I'll stay home for the year).

• Options

Heck yes I'm taking the whole year! I get topped up to 80% for the first 6 months.

DH makes more money than me anyway so it doesn't make sense for him to be off and me be back at work.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Definately taking the full year. I will have actually taken the 18 months because I took the six months of pregnancy sick leave while I was pregnant due to bed rest.

And I get a top up to 93% for the first 6 months at my job so that's pretty sweet!

DH has mentioned me going back to work a month or two early so that he can stay home, and I tell him this: "as soon as you start changing poopy diapers, we'll talk".

I'm still trying to figure out a way to bring up the topic of me staying home permenantly, but I don't think it'll go the way I want it to :(

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options

Wow, bedrest for 6 months?! That sounds brutal!

And I hear ya about the poopy diapers. DH had no problem changing them before when they were more regular (and therefore weren't so messy) but now that we have to bath him after each explosive poop, DH won't go it alone.

So it seems that my top-up for 17 weeks isn't so sweet afterall, when both of you ladies get top up for 6 months!

• Options

I wasn't on bed rest for the whole 6 months but I was on pelvic restrictions and my job is a lot of manual labor. And since they wouldn't allow me to be on light duties my doctor told me that I wasn't allowed to work for the duration of my pregnancy.

i had an abruption early in my pregnancy at 9 weeks and then it re-opened again at 16 weeks until i was almost 27 weeks along. There was concern that if I went back to work it could happen again so we all agreed it was for the best that I just stayed home.

it's so great that if you have a doctors note EI will allow you to take 15 weeks sick leave before you give birth and it doesn't affect your maternity leave. I'm so thankful for that

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options

Nope. I'm self-employed in graphic and web design so my clients wouldn't be too happy plus I'm not eligible for EI. Luckily DH and I work together so he'll pick up my slack plus we've got a few contract workers.

But I am taking on a different role with a lighter workload. We've also let our clients know that we'll be less available for the first 4-6 weeks. 

• Options
    Taking 9 months. Joe was going to take 2 months but something big came up at work and he is no longer able to.
  • Options
    I'm taking the full year, and luckily my work pays 84% for 7 months.  DH will also take the last month off as pat leave, and I'll use vacation time so we can get away somewhere before reality sets in. 
  • Options
    I went back when ds was 10 months, but i had been off on sick leave for almost 15 weeks previous.
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm self employed and WAH.  DH works freelance as well as at an University.  He took off the first semester this year to "help"out.  In reality he started renovating the house when ever I got the baby to sleep Stick out tongue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"