Toronto Babies

To get this board moving... Question of the day

Anyone interested in doing a question of the day? It could help get this board moving and give us a chance to get to know each other.

Today's question:

What's one thing you swore you'd never do... but have done since your baby was born?

Re: To get this board moving... Question of the day

• I swore I'd never be one of those people in a restaurant with a crying baby. Guilty as charged, and I'll be much more understandable of other moms/dads who don't just up and leave w hen the baby starts crying in order to spare the other patrons.

• Co-sleep. But I ended up having an emergency c/s and so it made it difficult to get up at night and get him out of his crib (and put him back in). So Joe would bring him to me. When Joe went back to work a few weeks later it was just easier to have B in bed with us so I could nurse him.

We plan on moving him to his crib tonight. Wish us luck!

• Loading the player...
  • We don't 'officially' co-sleep, but on nights when Dylan has been up a zillion times, I have been known to bring him back to bed around 5 so I can be sure to get a good 2 hours of him sleeping soundly from sleeping on my chest. I prop myself on pillows so I'm semi-sitting and he snuggles right in.

Thankfully, these nights are few and far between now, as he's been sleeping between 10 and 12 hours at night.

Good luck with the crib! When we moved Dylan to his crib from thie bassinet in our room, we all started sleeping better. I hope it goes well for you!

• I am going to miss waking up to him sitting beside me smiling and blowing spit bubbles at me but I know it is time for him to make his move. We have tried 3 or 4 times before but something always came up (usually he get congested or something).
  • Buy a mini van! I swore I would never drive a van, but now with three we need all the space we can get! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"