1st Trimester
Options

Maternity Clothes for TALL women!!!

I am 6'2" and almost 9 weeks pregnant.  I am starting to stress about maternity clothes!!!  I haven't needed them yet, but I know I will soon.  I am due in October and I live in Ohio and visit Western NY quite often.  Winters can be very cold & snowy!!  I looked at Motherhood online, and their "tall" only goes up to a 32" inseam...I need a 36"!!!  I can't be the only tall woman to ever get pregnant, can anyone offer some advice on where to shop?!?  Thank you!!!

Cat

Re: Maternity Clothes for TALL women!!!

• Options
    GAP! Their longs were perfect for me. I want to say they have xtra long too. Old navy's were not as long, I didn't like them.?
  • Options

Please DO NOT waste your money on Motherhood pants! Ugh, mine are terrible. I am 5'10 and I got the "longs" from Motherhood and they are too short. Its pathetic. Unfortunately I don't think you have Thyme Maternity in the states, but those pants are amazing - even their reg. length fits me perfectly.

Also, you might be surprised at how long you will go without needing mat. clothes since you're so tall...LO has so much room in my torso that I don't have a bump yet (at 6 months). I would say just buy stuff as you need it (and maybe have one pair of pants on "stand by" just in case it creeps up on you!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second the Gap. HOwever, I think you have to go online to order the long and x-long inseams.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This is great info! Thanks for asking.

On the side note about having a long torso... I believe that is true. I met a woman who was about my size 6'3 and she was due the following week and she had a very little bump because of the long torso. She explained that because of the long torso the baby has more room.

I am far from showing or maternity pants, but I did have the same fear. My friend also recommended work out pants like those Nike or Addidas basketball pants. Probably not the best option for those who have to work in corporate world, but it was a thought.

Good Luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestions!!  I have heard that I probably won't show for awhile....which I am hoping is true because I am in 2 weddings this summer!!!  Hope the dresses still fit!! lol.  I usually order my pants from Alloy.com, but I will check out GAP as well!!  Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    I absolutely do NOT second Gap or Old Navy.  I am 6'0 with a 35in inseam in flats (if I want to wear a heel of ANY kind, I have to up the anti to a 36 as well).  Not to be b*tchy to the 5'9ers and 5'10ers out there, but I think that many of them are able to get away with a 34in inseam which is what you will find most places "longs" to be (that's all I found at Gap - but then again, this was a couple years ago).  I searched high and low to find 35+ inseams with my first two pregnancies.  In the end, I bought some pricey jeans.  I got a pair of Sevens, Paige, and Hudson.  They were $150.00+ EACH.  Trust me, I had NO interested in paying that kind of money for mat jeans.  Yeah, they were a lot of $$, BUT they are comfy and great quality.  I wore them ALL the time and will still be wearing the same jeans now with baby #3.  It was worth it to me to find jeans that fit me well and were durable enough that they will get use out of multiple pregnancies.
    Forever missing Baby Z #3 ~ Natural m/c 4.12.2010 at 11w2d
    *So proud and so lucky to be the mommy of two beautiful little girls
    and one handsome little man*
    RJ~5.17.2005~born @ 37w due to IUGR~4lbs 15ozs
    Al~4.5.2008~born big and healthy @ 38w~7lbs 9.5ozs
    Lil man~5.20.2011~born big and healthy @ 39w (after one he!! of a pregnancy)~8lbs 1oz
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"