Northern California Babies
Options

cell phone poll

I *need* a new cell phone.  Mine is old and my plan is bare bones.  So now I think I'll look into getting a new phone and would love some input if you don't mind:

1)  What phone do you have?

2)  Who is your carrier?

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc)

4)  About how much do you pay?

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints?

Thanks!

(Oh - I have an old flip phone through Verizon - I just have basic calling (no texting, no internet, no nothing).  My plan is pretty cheap - less than $40 I think.  I like the service/coverage.  No complaints.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
imageimage
imageimage

Re: cell phone poll

• Options

1)  What phone do you have? A Blackberry Curve

2)  Who is your carrier? AT&T

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) Web, texting, and whatever other features were on the phone. I know bad that I don't know all that it's capable of doing. I just use texting and replying to emails when they come thru...and the occasional posting to the board & FB when I can. Smile

4)  About how much do you pay? Sorry DH handles that and he has an iPhone so I know we're paying quite a bit.

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? I don't really care for the Blackberry. If I could've done it over and had the money, I'd do an iPhone. I just think it's so much slower than the iPhone (although DH isn't fond of the battery life on his phone).

• Options

1)  What phone do you have? iphone

2)  Who is your carrier? ATT

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) Full data package

4)  About how much do you pay? TOO MUCH if you ask me...about $100 a month (but at least I write some of it off).

No complaints, really.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1)  What phone do you have? iphone

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) It does it all.  I have the older version, but DH has the new one and he has a video camera.  It takes great pictures/video (well, great for a phone).

4)  About how much do you pay? I think it is $93/per month, but I just found out I can get a 15% discount through work, so that will help.  I have the basic service with an enhanced texting plan (one up from the bare bones).

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? So far it has been great, although sometimes I have a hard time getting internet service at my office in downtown SF. I don't know how I lived without it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1) iphone

same answers for #2-5 as other iphone owners.

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

1)  What phone do you have? - Google G1

2)  Who is your carrier? T-Mobile

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) - Phone, unlimited text, unlimited data. Since it is a google phone you sign onto it with your Google account so it automatically loads your gmail and google calendar. Unlimited data, other email accounts, app market place, google maps/GPS, AIM/Yahoo messenger.

4)  About how much do you pay? 90ish

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? My service is great, coverage is great. My only complaint is that a lot of the major businesses make apps only for the Iphone...so what you can get on the Apps for droid are sometimes just knocks offs. Example, Sparkpeople.com has an iphone app. I LOVE it. But on my G1 all I can get is generic calorie counters, that aren't as good.  I would switch to an Iphone but getting unlimited text (I mostly text) would raise my monthly bill too much.

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Options

1)  What phone do you have? I have a sony walkman phone.  It's pretty basic.

2)  Who is your carrier? ATT

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) It is capable of internet and texting but I don't use either.  I just use it to make phone calls.

4)  About how much do you pay? We pay $90-$100 a month for both our cell phones depending on how much DH texts/checks the net

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? I'm not a big fan of our service.  There are a lot of gaps in coverage for me between work and home and along 280 for DH.  It's annoying to be in the middle of a call and drop it maybe 5 times on my 20 minute commute.

• Options

1)  What phone do you have? Motorola Droid

2)  Who is your carrier? Verizon

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) EVERYTHING I have a full data package, huge text messaging plan, and about 700 minutes of  voice (Its free mobile to mobile for all verizon users)

4)  About how much do you pay? $130 a month (but I also have a family share plan and have my grandparents and mom's cell phones on there, so subtract $30 a month for their phones and my mom has an extra text package for $10 ...so $90 total for mine and the shared minutes for all of us.

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? I have no complaints. I LOVE verizon. I have coverage and service EVERYWHERE. I have always had great customer service whenever I have a question or problem with anything. I had AT&T for a long time (when they were AT&T and then cingular, then back to AT&T) and always had problems with my bills and their customer service was horrible for me, and it seemed like I never had service in my own house (which I should have where it was located...)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

1. HTC - Hate the phone

2. Sprint

3.basic phone

4. $50 for me and DH (share plan)

5. it's fine, we stay cause it's so cheap.  My Brother has the Droid and I totally want it now.  That phone is awesome!

• Options

1. I have a Blackberry and love it!  I know all the cool kids have iphones, but I'm very happy with my BB.  From everything I've heard, iphones are better if you are into apps, but BB is better for emailing.  The apps don't really interest me so I prefer the ease of the BB keyboard for texting/emails.

2. Verizon

3. Email, internet, texting, phone, camera, I think there's a video in there too.

4. No idea, but we do get a discount through DH's work.

5. Love it! No complaints.

• Options

1) old flip phone

2)AT&T

3) texting (200mesages a month) and calling

4) We are on a family plan pay about 90 total.

5) I like my coverage. I have full bars when I need them, and haven't had any issues with coverage other than at FIL's house. But FIL's house has zero coverage no matter who you have.

• Options

Ha ha ha - okay, let me preface this by saying I have never been into cell phones. I've only had one for emergencies, I never use it and most people don't know my number (no point, I never have it on). I've always been like that, even when I paid $50/mo...so when we needed to save money, I got a pre-paid phone.

1)  What phone do you have? The brand is motorola, that's all I know

2)  Who is your carrier? Tracfone

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) phone, texting, um...voicemail, call waiting!! woot!

4)  About how much do you pay? technically it should be $19.99 every 60 days. But they messed up when I changed phones so I currently don't have to renew for like another 2 years or something ridiculous. So basically, it's free.

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? Actually my service has been great, and the only complaint I've ever had is I had a lot of issues transferring my minutes to my new phone (old one died). Ultimately we got it worked out and they screwed up and now my phone is free so I guess it was worth it in the end, but it was really frustrating at the time. However I've had their service for about 5 years and that's my only complaint so that's not bad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1)  What phone do you have? Driod

2)  Who is your carrier? Verizon

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) I'm pretty sure I have unlimited everything

4)  About how much do you pay? Around $80 I think.  I also have my DH, Dad and BIL on our family plan, but we get a big discount since DH works for the company.

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints?  LOVE it!  I've had Verizon since I was 17 before anyone ever heard about it.  Even DH gave me crap about having Verizon when we first started dating then he started working for the company.....LOL

• Options

1)  What phone do you have? Iphone

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) Everything, texting, internet etc etc.

4)  About how much do you pay? For both our phones and texting etc we pay $150 a month.

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? I have good coverage...rarely have coverage problems.  Only complaint is the cost.

• Options
    Another iPhone, got a discount when I was working so I still pay about $80/month for unlimited internet and 900 minutes which is more than I need now that I'm not getting work calls on it.  Love the phone and apps, service and coverage have been fine. 
  • Options
    1)  What phone do you have? Blackberry Curve2)  Who is your carrier? T-Mobile3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) - Blackberry plan + text4)  About how much do you pay? Both DH and I have the same and together it is a little over $100.5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? Love it...but DH wants an iphone so we will be leaving T-Mobile at the end of April when our contract is up and going back to At&T....which I left for T-mobile about 6 years ago because their service sucked....and I had an awesome deal with them, I had an employee pricing...and still was eager to leave...but they have apparently gotten better since then so I am hopeful.
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

1)  What phone do you have? Iphone

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc) Everything, texting, internet, free mobile-to-mobile (AT&T), MMS, etc...

4)  About how much do you pay? For both our phones, full data plan, etc we pay about $180 a month, I think?

5)  Do you like your service/coverage?  Any complaints? I love it.  I'd honestly have preferred to never go AT&T, but I do think it's worth it for the iPhone.  I was T-mobile before for yeeeeears, and I liked them a lot, had a lot of built up loyalty minutes, 5 faves, and perks...but, none of that could stand up to the appeal of the iPhone.  I utilize it so much, I honestly wouldn't even complain about the price, but I'm sort of iPhone obsessed...I realize this :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

1)  What phone do you have?

iPhone

2)  Who is your carrier?

AT&T

3)  What features do you have? (e.g. internet, texting, etc)

Data plan and the $5.00 text plan.  I think that is 200 texts.  I don't text very often

4)  About how much do you pay?

DH and I are on a plan together so total with tax it is $112.

So far so good.  AT&T had a cell tower go bad in our area so now I've been getting a bunch of call failures in my neighborhood but they are working on fixing it.

imageimage
    107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
    Read 2012: 33/50
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"