Babies on the Brain

If your blog is private

why have a link in your siggy?  What's the point?

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If your blog is private

• Maybe so that people who are allowed can access it easily? I don't really know, mine's public.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just as a constant reminder to those who aren't readers that they're not worthy of being on the list.

I'm just guessing.

• Loading the player...
  • imagecaffinated_tulip:
    Maybe so that people who are allowed can access it easily? I don't really know, mine's public.

But wehn you click in the link, you see the site address.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of taking it private?

• I wonder this too...if it is for a long time.

When I first took mine private about 5 months ago I left it in there for about 2 weeks just because I forgot it was there.

• imagecrownedbee:

Just as a constant reminder to those who aren't readers that they're not worthy of being on the list.

I'm just guessing.

See, I don't ask to be on anyone's list.  If you don't want me to see it, no problem. 

• Well, I personally appreciate the easy access to check blogs I might be an allowed reader for.

I once had a private blog link in my siggy and said "PM for invite" or something like that.  I like knowing I have readers rather than just writing to a blank screen... but I want to be able to monitor who is reading it and who I feel comfortable accepting.  Putting the link in my siggy was a way for people to know I had one, if they were interested in reading, but for me to allow them first.

With that said, mine is public, lol.  I do have a private one, but it's for IRL friends/family.

• I happen to think it is really lame. Especially with the added "pm for invite".
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageboxermama24:

Well, I personally appreciate the easy access to check blogs I might be an allowed reader for.

I once had a private blog link in my siggy and said "PM for invite" or something like that.  I like knowing I have readers rather than just writing to a blank screen... but I want to be able to monitor who is reading it and who I feel comfortable accepting.  Putting the link in my siggy was a way for people to know I had one, if they were interested in reading, but for me to allow them first.

With that said, mine is public, lol.  I do have a private one, but it's for IRL friends/family.

This! :)

• It's silly to advertise private blogs, and I'd feel like a tool telling people to ask for an invite. If you want me to read it, you invite me. It doesn't work the other way.
  • imageJenandtonica:
    It's silly to advertise private blogs, and I'd feel like a tool telling people to ask for an invite. If you want me to read it, you invite me. It doesn't work the other way.

Exactly.

• Meh, I don't really think about it much.  You either want to read someone's blog or not.  For me, I see a blog link in someone's siggy and think, "I'd like to read their blog/see their baby's pictures/read their recipes/etc... I'm going to ask for an invite."  Or if I have no interest, I just never ask.

• there used to be someone on here whose siggy said something like "chances are you don't have permission to view me"

which I always found pretty silly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"