Breastfeeding
Options

Do you do both sides?

My left breast is crazy.  My let down is so fast and my supply is overflowing.  LO will nurse on that side only, burping several times and will finish and be completely content.

When we nurse on the right side, my let down is slow - which frustrates LO. She'll finish on this side and then still want to eat on the left...  which then causes her to spit up because she ends up eating too much.

Anyone else like this?

**side note:  when I pump, I barely get anything out of my right but get more than enough on my left. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you do both sides?

• Options
    I do both sides.  My left breast often seems to have more milk, though. 
  • Options
    I have the same issue, let down on the right side is so fast and that breast is usually so so full. The left gets full but no where near the right side. My LO does not empty my breasts on her feeding and she almost never takes both breasts in one sitting, but I am not going to worry, she has plenty of diaper changes and is gaining weight so...I pump also to try and keep them somewhat even.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I nursed on both sides when DS the first couple of month and they seemed to be fairly even in producing.  But after that my left side definitely became the bigger producer.  I think around three to four months I started nursing on one side only each time - DS seemed to be done after he'd nurse on one side - and my supply regulated.  

The only thing I'd suggest is if you feed her on the right, then switch to the left is to maybe stop her after a few minutes on the left and gauge whether or not she's full or just comfort nursing.  That might help her to keep from overeating / spitting up.

Oh, and you could keep pumping just the right side to try to stimulate production and even things out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"