Eco-Friendly Family

condo board & CD problem

I just checked with our co-op board and we will not be allowed to was our cloth diapers in the washers. There is only one diaper service in our area and it's one I honestly wouldn't go with.?

Are there any other options to the traditional cloth diapers that we can try? We're going to try g-diapers, but want to look at other options too bc those seem to get mixed reviews. ?

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: condo board & CD problem

• What does that mean, you are not allowed to wash CD in their washers?  Do they monitor your laundry?  I am stunned by this!  We have a bunch of those gerber CDs that we used as burp clothes - would they not allow those too?  Sorry to be judgmental but I am mad at your board now!
    Also, I think G-diapers require you to wash the liner.  Would they allow that?  I just did a load that was some of our clothes, some of DDs clothes and 4 pocket diapers.  I use liners, so all the poop is flushed.  I am just stunned that your board would not allow that - how would they even know?
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Wow. I hadn't heard of that being an exclusion - we owned a condo in NYC before moving to burbs of jersey. 

How about a laundry mate? I don't know if this is a possibility but do any 'chinese laundry' or other clothing cleaners clean diapers?

All you can do is try the g-diaper to see if they are right for you. Do not flush the inserts in the toilet or you may end up with issues (from what I have heard from friends). 

• Loading the player...
  • imagebethCT:
    What does that mean, you are not allowed to wash CD in their washers?? Do they monitor your laundry?? I am stunned by this!? We have a bunch of those gerber CDs that we used as burp clothes - would they not allow those too?? Sorry to be judgmental but I am mad at your board now!
    Also, I think G-diapers require you to wash the liner.? Would they allow that?? I just did a load that was some of our clothes, some of DDs clothes and 4 pocket diapers.? I use liners, so all the poop is flushed.? I am just stunned that your board would not allow that - how would they even know?

This co-op board is pretty insane with some of the rules, and honestly it does make us second guess our decision to buy into it (we're in escrow right now). ?I doubt its monitored as much as we mentioned using CD at the HOA meeting and they said it would be unsanitary and unfair to wash in there. I think they see a difference between a burp cloth & diaper as ridiculous as that is.

Maybe I'll use liners and then it wouldn't be as noticible?

?

• What are they going to do when you wash poopy clothes from blow-outs in there? 

Also, why do they think that CD users are the only ones with bodily fluids on their clothing? Nurses get far worse on their scrubs, IMHO.  

• Who was it last year that had this exact same issue.  She fought it but I can't recall the outcome......anyone, anyone? 

• There was someone else on this board that ran into this.

Anyway, other than gdiapers or other hybrid diapers, you could try a laundromat but that could add up very quickly. Also, I just did a google search of "hand washing cloth diapers" and this was the first link:  https://www.zany-zebra.com/washing-cloth-diapers.shtml.  I don't know that I could go the hand washing route from a time perspective though.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It was Reeni I thought and it just happened. I think her last post about it was a week or two ago. So yeah, stupid but not uncommon apparently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just thought of something else, could you get a small apartment washer dryer unit?  My parents have one in their apartment and it is tiny.  Or is that against the rules as well?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Totally stupid reasoning on the part of your co-op, but I doubt you'll be able to fight it.

You could illegally do it, or go to a laundromat, or use the G-diapers (I've not heard the best things about them but some people like them), or use sposies.

Sposies is probably easiest. What a bummer :(

• imageandrealynn0707:

What are they going to do when you wash poopy clothes from blow-outs in there? 

Also, why do they think that CD users are the only ones with bodily fluids on their clothing? Nurses get far worse on their scrubs, IMHO.  

OMG that is right!  I had major poop blowouts on her swing (her white swing - thank goodness Fisher Price materials are so washable, her white swing came out perfect, whew!), her jumparoo, her clothes...  MY clothes!  My DD is a poop machine - your board would kill me!  I kind of wish you had never asked and just washed them... :(

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• imagejulygal:
    Just thought of something else, could you get a small apartment washer dryer unit?? My parents have one in their apartment and it is tiny.? Or is that against the rules as well?

You've got it! Its a 50 year old building and they won't update the electric so there is not enough electric available to put washers & dryers in each unit.?

• I'm sorry.  I know far more adults whose clothes I would deem more unsanitary than an infant's dirty diaper.  That's just ridiculous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"