Postpartum Depression

Wondering if I should go in . . .

I've been debating for the last week whether or not I should go to my OB to talk about PPD. I've been looking at symptoms of PPD recently (thanks to a lot of links you ladies have posted in other topics) and have been exhibiting a few of them for a few weeks, which might just be chalked up to sleep deprivation. I felt fine at my 6 week postpartum appointment, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm normal. I really don't have anything to be depressed about (I stay at home, DH's job is stable, I have family nearby, etc), but I find myself being so negative and different from my pre-pregnancy self.

However, one thing that I've noticed is I don't really cry uncontrollably. I don't find myself crying or wanting to cry. Instead, I just find myself getting really angry or impatient, but not to the point of tears. Were any of you ladies like this? Not so much into the crying, but more of a short anger fuse? I kind of feel like the crying and sadness are the hallmarks of depression, but I might just be reacting differently. I'd really appreciate any feedback you all might have.

TIA!

Re: Wondering if I should go in . . .

• It definitely can't hurt to go in and talk to your OB.  It could be that you have PPAnxiety.  It might be that you just need some time adjusting to things, it could be a lot of things.  I know my OB was so glad when I decided to come in and talk to her.  GL in whatever you decide to do!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi!

I wanted to let you know that I was going through something similar (and still am). I don't cry and I don't find myself wanting to cry, like you, I get angry and impatient.

(I was diagnosed with PPD/PPA)

• Loading the player...
  • I find myself getting very angry and impatient all the time with both of my children.  I think a lot of it has to do with sleep deprivation and the fact that my DH travels all the time and I have no help.  I hired a babysitter to come twice a week, but she just started...so I hope it helps.  It doesn't hurt to go in and talk to your OB.  I felt much better after talking about it and admitting it.  Good luck.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"