Parenting
Options

Stretch Marks?!?

Did anyone in here get stretch marks that go from their belly button to their c-section scar or pubic hair line?

Did they go away?

Does anyone know of a solution to make them almost invisible?

Re: Stretch Marks?!?

• Options

Time.

Stretch marks are genetic. None of those creams, lotions or potions really do anything except moisturize.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    imageAnnapolisLari:

Time.

Stretch marks are genetic. None of those creams, lotions or potions really do anything except moisturize.

This

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAnnapolisLari:

Time.

This. I have stretch marks from above my belly button to my lower belly and then on my upper thighs. They got less noticeable after a while, but are definitely still there.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I agree with the pps that time is the only thing to heal stretchmarks, but I don't think they are entirely genetic. My mom never had stretchmarks & I didn't with my first PG, but with my 2nd, my belly looks like a battlefield.
  • Options

Ditto everyone else. I have stretch marks on my thighs from when I was a teenager and I rapidly gained and lost weight. My DH didn't even notice them until I pointed them out.

They'll fade in time. They won't ever be invisible, but they'll definitely be less noticable.

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Options
    Did any of you wear a bikini again?
  • Options

Well, as I said, I got mine when I was a teenager. Yes, I've worn bikinis and shorts.

I don't yet have any on my stomach, but we'll see what happens in the next 12 weeks!

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • Options

imageSnow*White:
    Did any of you wear a bikini again?

After my first child was born, yes, I wore a bikini.  Now...after 4 kids, there is NO way I will ever wear one again.  Not because I am out of shape- I am actually in the best shape of my life right now, weighing what I did in high school & having great muscle tone because I work out 3x a week & eat well.  My stretch marks & extra skin from being stretched beyond capacity & back 4 times (my last baby was 9lbs, 9oz & I am 5'3", 128lbs) is what will prevent bikinis from ever being worn again :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"