Parenting after a Loss
Options

Anyone's LO had RSV?

What symptoms did they have?  DS has had a cough for over a week.  He is congested, has a runny nose and is napping/sleeping terribly.  He's much fussier than usual.  He does not have a fever.  I'm leaning towards thinking that this is a cold, but MIL thinks we should take him to urgent care to rule out RSV.  Anyone have any input?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Anyone's LO had RSV?

• Options

Well Cole hasn't ever had RSV but I worked at Children's Hospital and took care of TONS of RSV babies. Usually babies with RSV are CRAZILY congested in their mouths (foamy) nose and with a cough that wheezes. They also usually have a fever. I think if he had RSV he would be feverish and if its been a week then you are probably in the clear - usually day 3-4 of RSV is the worst and it seems you are past that.

Just keep an eye on him and take him in of course if you are concerned but I think he probably just has a cold. :( Do you have a humidifier??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My Lo had it in Jan. He coughed, had a fever, looked pale, fussy. But, he never wheezed. I think we caught it before it got to that point. I agree though if it has been a week, he is probably fine. Our cough started and within 24 hours we were at the hospital.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bailey hasn't had RSV but he had pnuemonia in January. He had a pretty high fever, major congestion and wheezing in the chest. If you are worried I'd just go to the pedi tomorrow to get his chest listened too.

A good friend's 4 week had RSV and the urgent care told her that they do not give antibotics out for RSV anymore. They did do one breathing treatment and sent them home. Her LO had a very high fever but it was controlled with tyelnol as well.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"