Multiples

Rolling Over?

How old were your LOs when they started to roll over?

G has been rolling over from her tummy to back for over a month, but E is only doing it on seldom occasion.

They are 4 mo. on Thurs. I just am hoping they are on track developmentally!!

Thanks! *Any tips to help encourage E to roll over??** I've been doing tummy time with the boppy and on the play mats...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rolling Over?

• it's WAY too soon to even consider worrying about rolling - they are still quite young to be doing it at all.

Gray started to roll both ways around 6mo.... Gibby only did belly to back a few times and hated tummy time- and JUST started rolling back to belly a week ago - at 8mo.  The pedi was not concerned at all when i asked him about it- and of course the next day Gibby did it :)

Grifin was a "later" roller, too- around 7mo to go both ways.

some babies just aren't into rolling- Gibby loves to sit up and play -but isn't a fan of being on his belly/back for long - and that's fine - all his other gross motor skills are regular- which is what is important. You have PLENTY of time.

• I'm with Goldie- I wouldn't worry about it.  Just do plenty of tummy time (or as much as they will tolerate).

FWIW, my son was kind of a late roller (6 months) and an early walker (9 months).  I've seen early rollers and late walkers.  It usually works itself out and, in any event, they are too young to really start stressing about it.

There are a few rolling toys we got DS (one was a mirror that rolled away) that I think are supposed to help encourage rolling and moving around in young infants.  

• Loading the player...
  • You can try putting on of their toys on one side and encourage them to roll. I wouldn't worry about them rolling, it is a 6 month milestone; DD didn't roll until 6.5 months and she only goes from back to belly. The pedi wasn't concerned at their 6 month appointment and said they would roll in their own time.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I just went in to check in their baby book and I wrote down January 18 is when they first rolled over from tummy-to back (I think it was both on the same day) I'm not sure who's baby book I grabbed :)  I'm not sure how long they've been rolling from back-to tummy.

So they would of been around 4.5 months- it depends on the baby, but as other posters have mentioned it's not a milestone at 4 months, they seem to be doing VERY well :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with all of the pps about it all depending on the child, etc. In fact, some babies miss entire milestones & move on to the next one right away.

But in answer to your specific qns:

"How old were your LOs when they started to roll over?"

DD started when she was 2mths, DS at around 4mths.

*Any tips to help encourage E to roll over??*

You could encourage it by laying E on a receiving blanket, and very slowly rolling E back & forth in it. My LOs enjoyed that exercise tremendously!

• imageZaIrery:

*Any tips to help encourage E to roll over??*

You could encourage it by laying E on a receiving blanket, and very slowly rolling E back & forth in it. My LOs enjoyed that exercise tremendously!

thanks!! i will give this exercise a try! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"