1st Trimester
Options

DD estimate w/o ultrasound

My doctor estimates that I am 11 weeks today (based on the wheel), which I believe assumes a 28 day cycle and ovulation on day 14.  However, I have a 26 day cycle with ovulation on either day 11 or 12.  Using the amazingpregnancy.com website which takes into account shorter/longer cycles, the website says I am 11 weeks 4 days.  I know it's only a difference of 4 days but we have been dying to tell friends/family at the 12 week mark.  I know the only way we'd know for sure is with an ultrasound (which we're not having until week 18-20); but what do you think is the more accurate dating method given that I have shorter cycles w/ earlier ovulation?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD estimate w/o ultrasound

• Options
    I would say your guess is more accurate. Like you said the wheel is based on the 28 day model, which doesnt apply to you.
  • Options
    I would go with your estimate since you know you don't have a typical cycle. Its not a big difference!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Honestly, three days is not going to make a difference. If you want to tell people, whether you do it now, or in 7 days, your chance of something going wrong is the same.

My OB did an US at 10 weeks last time, saw an appropriately developing baby, and perfect hb. He told me that  at that point, it was as safe to start telling as any.

• Options
    go with your gut
  • Options
    your estimate is more accurate.  Tell them this week!  Enjoy!
  • Options
    I would go by what  your dr said, that is what your due date is going to be determined by, not some website.  
  • Options
    I don't think that being precisely at the 12 week mark really makes much of a difference in telling people. And if your doctor isn't going to change your due date to when you said it is, then I'd go by his date when basing when to tell people.
  • Options

1. due dates are an estimate, and in no way written in stone

2. ultrasounds can be +/- 5 days at any point, so being with in 4 days is fine.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    What gave you an indication that you O'd on CD11 or 12? Because subtracting 14 days (luteal phase) from your usual 26 day cycle isn't any more accurate than using the 28 day cycle/O date on the 14th estimate.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"