Parenting after a Loss
Options

Stupid old house!

Our house was built in the early 40's and it has the original hardwood floors. They're SO loud and creeky. No matter how quiet I try to be, they squeak!  And of course, I step just as she shifts in her crib, and bam, she's up. Argh!

Tell me why a creaky floor wakes her up but she sleeps through a hammer and drill?

Re: Stupid old house!

• Options
    Awwww, silly girl!!
  • Options
    Our floors creek sometimes too and Mallory has definitely been stirred as a result.  But at my parents house on Christmas day mom burned something and the smoke alarm went off.  Mallory was asleep about 2 feet from the detector on the other side of the door and didn't wake a bit. 
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I keep thinking I need to put marks on the floor where it squeaks!!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    oh man! those do get squeaky! I love the sound of old floors! Ours are only 3 years old and they squeak is places, i love it! Do you keep any white noise on in her room? It helps Kate. I can vacuum in her room while shes sleeping and dust and do things and she wont wake up cuz shes used to white noise and sound now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"