Washington Babies
Options

Printing options besides Kinkos?

I am working on my own announcements, and was going to print them myself...  But....  The pictures that I love have a black background.....  I am really happy with what I designed, but since so much of each is black, I don't think they will look very good if I print them myself.  Plus, it will use up a LOT of ink.

I don't really want to print them on photopaper, I want to print them on cardstock or thick paper.  I checked with Kinko's, and for a color copy on cardstock, it's $1.24 each.  (So 2 announcements, since I can fit 2 per 8 1/2 x 11 sheet).  Any ideas where I might be able to get them printed cheaper?

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: Printing options besides Kinkos?

• Options

I don't know if it would be cheaper, but it wouldn't hurt to price them out at Staples or Office Max, I think they both have in house copy centers.  Then you'd at least have a comparison.

My MIL makes calendars every year and uses Staples in house copy center - she has been pretty happy with them as far as price and turnaround.

ETA:  Are you a Costco member?  Costco Business Centers might be a good place to check too - I know there's one in Lynnwood, don't know where the other Business Centers are.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekaskade:

I don't know if it would be cheaper, but it wouldn't hurt to price them out at Staples or Office Max, I think they both have in house copy centers.  Then you'd at least have a comparison.

My MIL makes calendars every year and uses Staples in house copy center - she has been pretty happy with them as far as price and turnaround.

ETA:  Are you a Costco member?  Costco Business Centers might be a good place to check too - I know there's one in Lynnwood, don't know where the other Business Centers are.

look at shutterfly's notecards. I think they end up less than 50 cents each. I can't remember though. But then you can get photo quality printing on cardstock and you can cut them and use them how you want. Regular color printing at kinkos or whatever probably won't make you happy for photos.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH used to work at Staples and run the copy center. He thought the prices were good, but I dont know any specifics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you looked into Minute Man Press? We get good deals because our friend is a franchisee owner but I do know most do quality work and have different options for printing besides just photo paper.
  • Options

What if you supply your own cardstock?  maybe that would bring the price down?

I have gotten things done at Staples and had no problem.  I think the UPS store has good prices on printing too.

I use Kinkos for work alot.  I actually have a coporate discount card.  I'd be happy to share the number with you and you can see what that does to the price.  (when I got married, I used it for all my kids coloring sheets etc. and I got 50% off!)  usually it's around 20% though.  Let me know and I can email you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I used the UPS Store for printing the other week, and they did a really good job.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Options
    imageNancy_Drew:

What if you supply your own cardstock?  maybe that would bring the price down?

I have gotten things done at Staples and had no problem.  I think the UPS store has good prices on printing too.

I use Kinkos for work alot.  I actually have a coporate discount card.  I'd be happy to share the number with you and you can see what that does to the price.  (when I got married, I used it for all my kids coloring sheets etc. and I got 50% off!)  usually it's around 20% though.  Let me know and I can email you!

If the corporate discount card is something you can share, that would be awesome.  My email is brettandjess (at) gmail (dot) com

I'm going to call around for prices at a few places, but anything that would help bring the price down would be great :)  Thanks!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • Options

These are the notecards I was talking about:

https://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/note-cards?c=10009&p=2011

They're $9,99 for 12, so less than a buck a piece.  ANd they're good photo quality printing on card stock.  Then you could use the cards as your invitations, or cut the picture off and mount it on your invitations depending on your design. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"