Multiples
Options

mini cribs- opinions?

Anyone use the mini cribs for their twins/multiples? We have a small nursery which I'm hoping can fit two mini cribs, changing table, and glider, but the cribs look awfully small and I don't want to have to upgrade in a few months.

Thanks in advance!

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: mini cribs- opinions?

• Options
    I considered them for a bit, but it bothered me that they don't have to conform to safety standards like full-sized cribs do. (Also a mom who has four kids thought the LOs would outgrow them by 15 months or so. Not sure if that's true.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I have a mini crib I used for my day care for many years and I find by a year old they are too big for them.  They work great until then though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Visit our blog at www.benandkarisjourneytoparenthood.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think they're great if you have a small space and will be moving somewhere that will have more room and you'll have money to replace them.  If you want them to be the permanent crib, skip it.
  • Options

We used a mini crib for when our boys were first born.  The boys were 5lbs 6oz and 6lbs 11oz and they were in the crib together until they were 8 weeks old.  I loved having it for them!!  They fit perfectly.  We had purchased one crib set for one of the boys and my sister is now giving us her set that her kids have outgrown.  Quinn has been sleeping in the mini crib this whole time and he is definitely getting too big for it.  He's 15lbs now and can't move around at all.  Liam is all over his crib and I think because the mini crib is so "mini" Quinn doesn't know any better but to just sleep on his back:(

I would suggest it in the beginning if you want them to sleep together and if you are able to purchase another one for later on.  If not, and it looks like you don't want to upgrade for later on, I would recommend to just get a  regular crib.  You want them to be able to move around,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"