North Dakota Babies
Options

Nanny Camera

Has anyone ever used one of this?  I trust my babysitter, she's very nice to Angelica and is always happy to see her.  When John comes home, cause he's home before me, he comes in quietly and always find her singing and playing with her.   HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind seeing what happens when I'm not home.

Any thoughts?

Re: Nanny Camera

• Options

I would check the laws in your state before you do it.  In some places it can be considered wiretapping which is illegal without consent, so definitely check that out.

I don't think I would do it unless you feel like you have a reason to be suspicious.

• Options
    imageash.flea:

I would check the laws in your state before you do it.  In some places it can be considered wiretapping which is illegal without consent, so definitely check that out.

I don't think I would do it unless you feel like you have a reason to be suspicious.

I have huge issue with this idea- I think if I was a care provider I'd be offended on some level...it's one thing if you suspect something and look into your state laws though I suppose.

I'd also have dialogue with the care giver and drop in at various times or have friends do this with a new provider. Additionally, if I had any trust issues I'd remove my child immediately without any reason.

So..I suppose in many ways I don't 'get' the whole nanny cam. If you have a good provider why risk ruining that relationship? Just imagine if she did something she was embarrassed by? IDK- grasping here but say, farted or something absurd on camera? If she found out you taped her she may not be thrilled with YOU.  I also think this is a topic for interview time- ie: we have toyed with the idea of a nanny cam? Would you be offended if we ever used this? That sort of thing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagedexspsandqs:
    imageash.flea:

I have huge issue with this idea- I think if I was a care provider I'd be offended on some level...it's one thing if you suspect something and look into your state laws though I suppose.

I'd also have dialogue with the care giver and drop in at various times or have friends do this with a new provider. Additionally, if I had any trust issues I'd remove my child immediately without any reason.

So..I suppose in many ways I don't 'get' the whole nanny cam. If you have a good provider why risk ruining that relationship? Just imagine if she did something she was embarrassed by? IDK- grasping here but say, farted or something absurd on camera? If she found out you taped her she may not be thrilled with YOU.  I also think this is a topic for interview time- ie: we have toyed with the idea of a nanny cam? Would you be offended if we ever used this? That sort of thing.

This. 

As long as you dont suspect her of any wrong doing do you really want to ruin the relationship that you've established with her?

• Options
    I don't have any children, but I agree with pp if you already have a great relationship with her then I would not mess with it.
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options

as a care provider I'd feel violated if someone started randomly taping me without my knowledge. I'd probably leave the position.

If you're thinking about it, talk to her about it.

If you don't trust her and/or are really concerned about how she's spending her time with your kid, you should hire someone else.

Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    I nanny'd in college and still do occasional Respite care on the side. I went to school in Santa Barbara, so maybe it was because of the area, but I always assumed that there was a Nanny Cam, even if I didn't know about it. Personally I wouldn't be bothered by finding out a family was recording me, but that my just be how it was in SB. I would feel the same way in Orange County too though.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"