Austin Babies
Options

NBR:cost of ceramic tile installation

We have done most everything to our house DIY so far but I want our kitchen flooring replaced with ceramic tile but refuse to DIY. (I did this once in another house, yuck!)

So, we are looking at installation prices.  DH has a friend that has a contracting business and has given us his price for doing it.  He says he is giving us a deal (not a huge deal like 50% off or anyhing but cleaper than he normally charges).  Anyway just curious of how good a deal it is.  DH wants to give our business no matter what which is fine with me but I am curios.  

So if you do not mind sharing can you tell me how much you paid to have ceramic tile installed?  Not including cost of the tile or any other materials, just labor.  I am just wondering what the average going rate is.

Thanks!

*ETA-  I was not clear in my post but I meant how much per sq ft was the labor for your tile installation. sorry!

Re: NBR:cost of ceramic tile installation

• Options

Cost: probably just a blow job. EmbarrassedStick out tongue

(and before I get called a whore, my DH is the one doing the installation)

• Options
    imagemcgee:

so is that per sq foot?  yikes!IndifferentStick out tongue

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageabbysmom1005:
    imagemcgee:

so is that per sq foot?  yikes!IndifferentStick out tongue

No way. Not per square foot! Definitely not.

• Options
    $750 for 2 bathrooms and we bought tile
  • Options
    Monte said $4.50/sq. foot just for labor.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

imageKim777:
    Monte said $4.50/sq. foot just for labor.

Yay!  OK now I feel better.  He is doing it for $2.75/sq ft. (labor only) He is fairly new to the business, well worked under someone for a long time but just started his own business this year.  He said he normally charges around $3.75-$4/sq ft.  

• Options
    Discount Floors Superstore quoted us $2 per sq ft for laminate fake-hardwood clicky stuff.  Is tile much more than laminate?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lowe's and Home Depot charge $3.50/sq ft, I believe.  I don't know if that includes the cost of the installation materials (mortar, grout, etc.).

Mcgee- DH did all our tile in our last three houses.  He didn't get the memo on the cost of DH labor.  He's going to be pissed when I tell him the going rate.

• Options

imageali-1411:
    Discount Floors Superstore quoted us $2 per sq ft for laminate fake-hardwood clicky stuff.  Is tile much more than laminate?

Yes, it is cheaper for laminate installation, and sooooooo much easier.  I have done both and would do laminate again in a heart beat.  I do not ever want to install tile again. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"