Long Island Babies

Completely miserable at 38 weeks pregnant

Hi gals,

I am 38 weeks preggers with a baby boy. I am so miserable, I don't sleep, I don't enjoy my food, or any other activity for that matter. The pressure on my pelvis is so bad at times that I loath walking from the bed to the bathroom. Does anyone else feel this way? I hear that most first time moms deliver late, is this true? I can't imagine being pregnant for more than two more weeks.

Re: Completely miserable at 38 weeks pregnant

• I felt that way for months...I am now almost 2 weeks late and this is not my first child..It is my 5th...But my Youngest child is 20..So I guess it is like my first..I am so miserable, I am hoping that this Boy will be here soon!!

D

• I hear ya girl! I see you're in Rockville Center. I'm in South Hempstead/Baldwin. I'm 39 weeks today and have been having what I just learned are back contractions. It basically feels like someone is shaking my spinal column from top to bottom. I only gain about 10lbs, but I feel heavy and huge and my thighs/legs are completely sore. I am still working, so it helps to take my mind off the pregnancy, but once I get home, it's like everything comes crashing down on me. I'm also pregnant with a boy (my first) and though I'm excited to meet him, the whole concept still seems surreal. I wish you all the best and hope that neither of us has to wait an extra two weeks. The light at the end of the tunnel though is that soon your healthy, beautiful boy will be with you and you can celebrate!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"