Stay at Home Moms
Options

What outings do you do with your 6-7 month old

I have two so I'm limited.  Gymboree doesn't allow twins unless there are two caregivers.  I went to the library for a story time and nursery songs class for their age and the babies enjoyed it a lot but it's over now.  I am doing the same sort of thing at our park district starting in April though.  That's once a week.  Until then, I have no plans with them.  I feel like I need something to do once or twice a week.  I take them to the mall which is great, we go once or twice a week.  I'm in a multiples group but the "play dates" are montly and let's face it, it's not for them at this age it's for the moms!

Any suggestions?

Re: What outings do you do with your 6-7 month old

• Options

My DD loved going to pet shops at that age.  To prepare for our visit I would read her a few books about the animals we would see (realistic pictures, touch and feel books, etc).  She loved petting the animals at the store and observing their behavior.  We would read the same books when we returned home to reinforce her learning.  Once she learned all of the animals I taught her their sounds/colors/etc. 

• Options
    Does your local zoo have fun classes for babies? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We used to have way too much fun at Target

I know that sounds uneventful, but it was enjoyable.

• Options
    imagesusanmosley:

We used to have way too much fun at Target

I know that sounds uneventful, but it was enjoyable.

ETA: and park weather is just around the corner 

• Options

I can't wait for the park weather!

I'll check out classes at the zoo, I never heard of that before, thank you.

• Options

Mostly playdates with friends (totally for me, not her).  We do story time at the library occasionally.  We also run errands -- she enjoys getting out and seeing all the people.

Can you join a moms group?  My MOMS group (www.moms.org) has playdates every week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    I joined a few groups on meetup.com and they have playdates all the time.  I've met some friends through those and now its way more enjoyable.  Its always hard the first few times but I was antsy sitting home.  We usually go for walks with the babies in strollers, gymboree, swim classes (inside), storytimes, and then there is moms night out stuff also. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"