Attachment Parenting
Options

Introducing myself- again I think

I introduced myself over here a little while ago, but then kind of went MIA and posted over on 0-3 and 3-6.  The drama got a little too much for me so I decided to take a break from the bump, but I miss the support.  I know there is drama on every board, but I thought I'd give this board a try.

We just started cloth diapering today and so far I love it because they fit Henry so much better than his Huggies.  We are trying out a few different brands from a trial program.  I think so far bumGenius are my favorites so far.   I am sure I will have some questions and will need you ladies expertise.  

I think that's about it.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Introducing myself- again I think

• Options

Hey Amy, I remember you from (lurking) on the tri and baby boards, glad you are here :)  I find this board so supportive and the SAHM board. 

If you dont mind me asking, was the start up cost to cloth diapering very steep? I would love to do it ( my guy leaks every. single. night.)  but I am intimidated.

• Options
    imageMj2lyons4:

Hey Amy, I remember you from (lurking) on the tri and baby boards, glad you are here :)  I find this board so supportive and the SAHM board. 

If you dont mind me asking, was the start up cost to cloth diapering very steep? I would love to do it ( my guy leaks every. single. night.)  but I am intimidated.

We are doing this right now

https://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/tryclothfor10/tryclothfor10

Basically they send you different types of cloth diapers (new...I thought they'd be used) and you try them for 21 days.  You pay 150, but you get 140 back when you return them.  I will buy 24 of whichever we decide we like.  I know the startup for bumGenius would be like $420 for 24 diapers and then whatever a wet bag would cost.  I also would probably buy a sprayer for our toilet.  I figured it up and we will probably break even around the 6 month mark.  Totally worth it IMO. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Glad to see you back and over here!

I know the other day you were talking about your DH being a bit resistant to CD'ing.  I am so glad that you guys found BumGenuis!  Makes it so easy to use and my DH loves both those and the Thirsties AIO. 

• Options
    imagelspinman:

I know the other day you were talking about your DH being a bit resistant to CD'ing.  I am so glad that you guys found BumGenuis!  Makes it so easy to use and my DH loves both those and the Thirsties AIO. 

It's so funny because we got them in the mail today and he loves them.   

• Options
    imageAMYfromKY:
    imagelspinman:

It's so funny because we got them in the mail today and he loves them.   

I think the men who dont know about the whole CD thing like the AIO's because they look and work like disposables.  Now it is DH who always uses them and I am the one who still sometimes reaches for a disposable when we are out:)

• Options

Welcome back!

I just wanted to add re: CDing - I just recently started adding in cloth diapers (I'm going to go all the way, just doing it gradually), and I've been using a pillowcase in my diaper pail instead of a wetbag. Way cheaper, you get 2, and they're great as far as maintenance. I have a friend who has CD'ed all her kids, and she recommended it to me.

There's also a poster on Eco Friendly Family who has the plans for a homemade diaper sprayer in her bio. SapphyrEyes, I believe? The cost is about 25 bucks to buy the parts and make it yourself. That's compared to 75-90 for a BG sprayer.

• Options
    I like the siggy pic showing off the cloth :)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    it's better over here...i RARELY go on 3-6 anymore! welcome Smile
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"