2nd Trimester
Options

Do you think pizza left out for over 2hours is still ok to eat?

Dh ordered cheese and sausauge pizza yesterday. We ate around 6 something pm and as soon as i was done I left the table. I had lots of laundry to finish and ds room to organize and put away hisclothes.  I went upstairs and stayed the whole time up there. I come downstairs around 9;45pm after I was done with everything and putting ds down for bed and saw that dh didnt put the pizza away.  So ijust put it in the fridge.   I want some now but not sure if it would be safe to eat since it was left out for 2.5 hours.

What do you think?

Re: Do you think pizza left out for over 2hours is still ok to eat?

• Options

College kids eat pizza that's been sitting out for 24+ hours and seem to live. :)

I'm sure its fine.  Its just pizza - if it were yogurt or milk - then, I'd probably think otherwise. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't eat it - especially with the sausage on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sure its just fine. I would eat it!

This website is lovely for those types of questions..

Still Tasty?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    of course!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageAloe0l:

College kids eat pizza that's been sitting out for 24+ hours and seem to live. :)

I'm sure its fine.  Its just pizza - if it were yogurt or milk - then, I'd probably think otherwise. 

This..My coworker keeps two week old burritos in the fridge and manages to live through eating them also..2 hours is nothing..They dont put pizza away at parties/get togethers after two hours either :)

• Options
    I say go for it. I would totally eat it!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I'm gonna go have me some pizza for lunch now.    
  • Options
    I'd eat it for sure.
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

2 hours... its probably not even cold yet.

I would eat it.

BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • Options
    I'd totally eat it.  My ex was a culinary major and they told them that basically a good rule of thumb is 4+ hrs out of the fridge = toss it.  But it also depends on the weather (if you're in the middle of carribean heat and have pizza outside on the table, I'd probably skip it after 4 hrs, but in NH or IL, yep, I'd scarf that!).
  • Options
    I'd most definitely eat it!  In fact, I leave pizza out overnight and still eat it because I prefer cold pizza to reheated pizza.  Cold pizza is the best!
  • Options
    I would heat it in the oven before eating....
  • Options
    I would eat it. Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I guess I'm in the minority because I would not eat it. I've had food poisoning twice though so I'm very particular about eating food that's been left out.

But if you are going to eat it just heat it up really well.

• Options
    uh.....that website says pizza is not good to eat after 2 hours............Ive always ate it though.......
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have eaten it before. It's cooked - there's a difference between cooked cheese and raw cheese. It's the uncooked one you should try to avoid.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The Safe Serve certification class I had to go through (so that my after school program could serve milk to the kids) would give it a big thumbs down.  It showed you all kinds of pics of little things that grow and develop of foood left out, especially meats.  Just because the class grossed me out, I would be a def no on this one.

Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    I think It's fine, 
  • Options
    I've been eating pizza that's been left out overnight for damn near 27 years, and I've never gotten sick from it or had food poisoning from it. And I usually abide by the 5 sec rule too, for whatever that's worth. :P
  • Options
    I wouldn't even think twice about it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Heck yes its ok to eat, and while you're at it, send some my way! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"