Working Moms
Options

Advice?

I'm a licensed in-home dcp and I have a client who is 10 months old and pregnant (due in July), plans to take 3 months off.  Yadda, yadda.  Anyway, financially I have to make a lateral move and except 2 full time and stop my services with the part-time 10 month old.  I feel terrible, but there just isn't any other way for me.  What would the best way for me to approach this be?

Re: Advice?

• Options
    Not sure I completely understand.  You have a client who's LO you watch. That LO is 10 months old and her mom is expecting another. And the mom wants to pull the current LO out of your care while on mat leave? Is that right?
  • Options
    Yeah sorry.  I made it too confusing.  She's part time and mom is going to pull for maternity leave, plus I'm only licensed for 6 one of which is mine.  I can only have 2 under 18 months.  Financially I just can't watch the 10 month old anymore and I need to tell mom on Monday.  I was just wondering if some moms on here had any advice as to how to approach that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

are you able to care for the current baby until she pulls him our, or do you have to stop services sooner?

I would just want to know with as much time as possible.

• Options

Do you have a contract in place for the 10-month old that mentions anything about termination of services?  If you do you obviously have to follow that at a minimum. 

Other than that I would want to be given as much notice as possible, but defintely no less than a month's notice.  Also, if you could recommend anyone else who might be able to take in the PT kid I bet the mom would appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"