Single Parents
Options

So there is this guy.... lol

I was sooo head over heels with my 1st love years ago. We were together just over a year when he had to move away for personal family issue reasons. He moved 3 hours away, which isn't a big deal, but he worked a lot and I didn't work, so he had no time to come visit, and I had no money to go visit. Whatever, either way, I eventually ended it and then went downhill. I started to go out with friends and work a lot and basically bury the hurt I felt from ending things with this guy. Then I met my DS's BD, got caught up in lust and romance and got pregnant. To make a long story short, now that I'm single and have been since I got pregnant, my ex and I have been talking again. He still lives 3 hours away, and plans on moving back within the next 2 years after finishing college. I truly thought (and honestly, still think) hes the man i'm supposed to marry. He loves and accepts that I have a son, even though he isn't his father. He constantly comments on how it should have been him and not BD, but whatever, it happens for a reason. Anyways, I just wanted to tell someone and I don't have any friends so I thought I'd tell you girls.

I still completely love this man. I really want us to be back together, madly in love with each other, just like we were the best year of my life.

We've been talking lately, but he is having difficulty with it. He wants to talk and see me via webcam and such, but once we start to talk about us and the past, he changes the subject, even though hes the one who always brings up our history. I think hes scared of getting attached to me. Whatever.. I give up lol.

Just had to tell someone, that I think I'm still crazy about the man I know I'm supposed to marry. I guess we'll see what God has in store for us.

Re: So there is this guy.... lol

• Options

How exciting and nervewracking all at the same time!

It's so hard not to get caught up in your feelings, but you have to try!

Is there a possability that he regrets the fact that you all ended the first time around?

Like you said, you just have to see what happens.

Have fun and be happy!

• Options
    I know this is easier said than done, but what if you stop trying to bring up the past. Just talk to him and maybe hang out when he is in town and see what happens. Like I said, I know it is easier said than done, but you never know what is in store for you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He hates that we ever broke up. The only thing I love about us breaking up is it got me Nathan. I dunno... lately he'll call but only talk for a few, or talk about stupid things but then cut things short, and then he'll make flirty comments then change the subject. To me it almost seems as though he has like an inch left to open up to me and he just cant get there.. Its like he gets his 'Amanda Fix' as I call it lol, but cuts it off before he can get attached or upset? I don't know.
  • Options

imagepeeps61308:
    I know this is easier said than done, but what if you stop trying to bring up the past. Just talk to him and maybe hang out when he is in town and see what happens. Like I said, I know it is easier said than done, but you never know what is in store for you!!

Yeah, I try sometimes. Sometimes I even ignore his calls on purpose (lol) just to make him realize that I'm not all up on him and that I do have other options. Playing hard to get works with this one. Not even saying I want him back, but I want to see what happens.

• Options
    This sounds like fun!! Not the back and forth stuff... but the fact that there is history and he is understanding of your current situation. Could there be a chance that the reasons that caused him to move away will resurface? That would freak me out of getting too attached to someone again. Good Luck!! Keep us posted :)
  • Options
    GL-just be careful of your heart!  Don't let yourself go too crazy before you have a good idea of what will happen!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

ME,ME,Me.......been there done that. I had two kids though and we had 15 years of history.

1 year of serious dating another year long distance dating. Then all the year in between when he asked about me (I was married). We started talking after I left me H (he was not the reason) and I even flew to OK to meet him for the first time in years to see if the spark was still there. It was and I stayed with him but no sex for a long weekend and meet his collage friends. When he finished school he moved to FL to start his career and we talked a lot and I went to visit manyl times. In the mean time I got divorced and dated a few people. My X asked me to move to FL but I could not because I would have to give up my kids and totally depend on him for a time. I suggested that he move back her to our hometown/state and he told me he wanted to stay in FL. I loved him and a small part always will but time told me that as adults we would but heads. I learned a lot over the years being single and have a mind of my own which I did not have at 16. I finally decided to move on that my X and I were at a impass and that is when I meet DH. My X has since moved back to TN (for wife) and married rather quickly and had a child. I hope that they are happy but I do not think they are. X is strong minded about things and I believe that she is also. DH and I are happy as can be.

Moral to story time well tell. Go for it if things flow but your gut will tell you the truth after the memories/history wears off. You are different people than before because of what you have gone through during the time apart. Good Luck.

• Options

That's great!

My ex tells me all the time that he wishes that he would have never ended things with me and that it was the stupidest thing he has ever done in his entire life. Unfortunately for him, I don't feel the same. I think we are better off as friends and want to keep it that way.

Good luck to you!! And I hope things work out with y'all!

• Options

I know exactly what you mean..my ex that i had had dated on and off for 7 years still never leaves my mind.. we were actually supposed to get married last memorial day weekend but i had to break it off because he was dealing with his ex baby mama drama and i couldnt take that at the time...our situation is quite a long story haha..but long story short no matter how much time passes or lack of contact we have i still cant shake my feelings for him and i know deep in my heart that it is meant to be,our timing just always seems to be off and we cant catch a break..it also never helped our situation that after we broke up 2 years ago he moved up to MA and im still here in PA..

All we can do is wait and see, i hope everything works out for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"