Working Moms
Options

XP: since no one on my local board had an answer (re: consignment sales)

imagekyfirewife:
Usually I take DD's stuff to OUAC, then whatever they don't take I sell on CL. I don't get a lot of $$ back, but it's so easy & convenient.

But seeing all these consignment sales has me wondering if that would be a better route.

I'm guessing I'd make more $$ that way, but it also sounds like a lot more work, with all the price tagging, hanging a certain way, booth setup(depending on the sale), etc.

Any input from those who have sold at one before? Did you make enough $$ to make it worth the extra work?

Re: XP: since no one on my local board had an answer (re: consignment sales)

• Options

The consignment sale I go to the commission starts at 50% and goes up depending on how many hours you volunteer.  Most items are priced so cheap to begin with, I honestly can't see it be worth it for 50 cents for a sleeper.

I love going there to buy stuff though!

• Options

Yeah, my time is just too precious for that to be something I'd want to put effort into. I haven't had to sell yet.  I think with most stuff, I'll try to find someone to give it to or put it on CL as a "lot" 

Our daycare also does a sale, which I think is a good way to pass things down. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure if they are in your area, but with Just Between Friends (jbfsale.com) consignors just have to tag their items (if clothing put on a hanger) and drop off. Consignors are paid 65% of the sale and clothing is priced at a minimum $3.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Consignors just have to tag their items (if clothing put on a hanger) and drop off. Consignors are paid 70% of the sale and clothing is priced at a minimum $1 at our sales around here. It is worth it if you have a lot of stuff and price well. Consignors get to go and buy before it is open to the public. I have made as much as $300 (worth it) before and as little as $100 (not so much). I do better than at yard sale but do not have to worry about rain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"