Missouri Babies
Options

Have to change OB's, help!

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this board but I really could use some help. I found out my insurance is changing April 1st, and I was currently using an OB group at Liberty hospital and planned to deliver there. It looks like I'm going to have to switch to someone at North Kansas City Hospital. Which I guess is fine becuase it's a good hospital and it's close to my work, but I'm really nervous about switching during my pregnancy, not to mention this is my 1st. I'll have to switch for my April visit, I'll be 20 weeks then. Has anyone used an OB at NKCH and how is the maternity area there? Thanks for any help!

Re: Have to change OB's, help!

• Options
    This is exactly what happened to me with my first, so don't panic.  I switched to Dr. Saunders at Heartland Womens Health, and I love her.  I have seen all the drs there at some point either with the last pg or now and like them all just fine but LOVE my dr.  I also had a really good experience with the hospital when DS was born.  Obviously here in a few weeks I will be having a second experience there but would expect the same.  I hope this help and if I can help you anymore let me know. 
  • Options

That is really good to hear! That is exactly who I'm thinking about switching to! My PCP, who I used to work for her, is currently using her and recommended her to me when I called this morning freaking out I was going to have to change. I've heard nothing bad about her so far from the people that have used her. It's just a little daunting this is going to be happening literally in the middle of my pregnancy, 20 wks! I am glad it's not more like 30 or 35 wks though.

Did you have a good birthing experience at NKCH?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    By the way your son is adorable! Congrats on your coming little girl!
  • Options

Thanks!

It was right around 20 weeks when I changed too, I remember that I was really mad because the dr I went to before did ultrasounds in the office and at the new one you go to another place so I had to wait like 2 extra days or something to find out we were having a boy and I thought it was going to kill me. Honestly more goes on at the end than the beginning anyway and I don't think I would go back to my other dr now even if I had the option.

Yeah I had a great birth experience at NKCH.  All the nurses were very helpful and made sure they had answered all our questions before we went home.  The rooms are nice and big enough to have lots of visitors if everyone from your family shows up all at once like ours did.  I  also went to the childbirth class they offer there with DS and that was really helpful too because you know what to expect. You get to see where to check in and where you will be going.  Overall, I have no complaints at all.

• Options

Thank you so much for your help! I really think I'm going to check into getting everything switched over to Dr. Saunders and NKC Hospital. It's be nice having only 1 Dr. to see. At Liberty you have to see all 6 (or 8, can't remember exactly) OB's because you don't know who is going to be on call the day you deliver. So you never get to see the same Dr. and it's not like you really get to know them or anything.

Thanks again for ALL your help, you have been great! Big Smile

• Options

Just an FYI - if you switch to Dr. Saunders they will rotate you through all of the OB's in the practice (I think there are 6).  I went there as well (although my primary OB was Dr. White), and I ended up being delivered by a different OB because it was Dr. White's day off.  I think it's pretty standard to do it that way with any OB practice since the nature of the job is so unpredictable.

Having said that, I was very happy with everyone there and would highly recommend the practice.  I had a great experience at NKCH as well.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"