Alabama Babies
Options

s/o: ? about Consignment sales

What is pricing like at the consignment sales in your area?

I'm trying to price little outfits that I'm going to consign. Since most of it was from when Kennedy was very young, I have some little bubble suits, a couple Feltman Brothers dresses, Carters Onesie/pant sets (I just grouped the matching onesies and matching pants onto one hanger/item.) and some cute sleeper outfits.

They are all in good condition and some of them still have the tags on them. But I'm not sure what to price?

Also.. for those of you that shop smocked stuff, how much would you expect to pay for, say, a smocked dress or bubble similar to what Sarah posted the other day?

I just got back from one of the preview consignment sales in Tuscaloosa and most of the smocked stuff was priced between $25 to $35, which I think is super expensive compared to the fact that I can shop the online websites and get new smocked stuff on sale for around the same price or less.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: s/o: ? about Consignment sales

• Options

For smocked items I'm pricing around $10 for used and $20 for new with tags.

Other items... I'm trying to get rid of everything so I'm probably pricing too low, but for outfits $5 and single pieces $3. I know what I paid at consignment sales and what I knew I wouldn't pay and just trying to meet in the middle.

• Options
    Are you doing Dittos, Lydia? Maybe we could meet up for dinner the night of the presale?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Onesies (any brand) - packaged in ziploc bag with other coordinating onesies or in packages of 3 or 5 if plain white for $2 for the bag, most people skipped over these and when I've gone on 1/2 price day, there are tons of onesies and pajamas left over, I think they get a ton of wear so most people don't pick them up

Carter's outfits - $2-3 for an outfit (some ladies had theirs listed at $6 and I consider that ridiculous since you can get brand new Carter's stuff on really good sale for $8-10)

Department store outfits anywhere from $5-8, a few $10 for the really nice stuff

Lilly Pulitzer - $10-20, depending on wear

Strasburg Children - $15-20

Ralph Lauren/Polo - $8-10

Smocked bubbles - $12-18

Smocked dresses - $15-20

Smocked NWT - $25-30 (most people listed at $29.50 b/c there is a vendor at Wee Exchange who sells new smocked stuff for $30)

• Options

Yes, I'm doing dittos, Rachel. I'm trying to get my stuff together and priced and bring it up to my mom to drop off in March. I would love to get together for dinner or something the day of the pre-sale.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    p.s. I've never sold, so I can't wait to get tips from you guys!  And also can't wait to see what you guys get!
  • Options

I will try to post pictures of what I got at today's sale later.

Honestly, I think I should have just waited for the dittos sale in North Alabama because I think I spent too much money! Oh well. At least the proceeds go to my church.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Heck ladies, we could just about do our own online consignment here. I know I would be interested. I am always looking for a good bargin.

I was a Wee Exchange in Mobile yesterday and really only found a few things I liked. I got a smocked courdory long-sleeved dress for $19.50 and a Zutano outfit for $10.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"