Boston Babies
Options

South Shore and Boston Back Bay area moms to be

Hello.  I live in Braintree and work in the Back Bay.  I'm expecting my first child at the end of June & am trying to stay active.  Anyone in the area expecting and looking for an exercise partner or have some good prenatal class suggestions?

Re: South Shore and Boston Back Bay area moms to be

• Options

hi! we live on the south shore and i work downtown. due in september. congrats:)

uh, at this point i'm scared of exercise until i get out of the first trimester! we had a mc with our first at 11 weeks, coincidentally right after i got home from my first yoga class since i found out i was pregnant. of course it had nothing to do with losing the baby, but i have this weird thing now where i want to wait just a few more weeks before doing anything too strenuous. the only excercise i get now is walking back and forth to work from south station, about a mile each way.

but eventually, i do want to be active. i'd love to do some prenatal yoga. my doc says its ok for me to do tae-bo, which i did before getting our bfp. finding time right now is hard, especially when i'm so tired.

so that probably doesn't really help, but i wanted to say hi! if you find a great pre-natal class, i'd definitely be into trying it out:)

• Options

Hi! I also live in Braintree, I am due Aug 20th, presently I am still doing spin 4x a week at my gym, Fuzion Sports Club on Wood Rd...but I am starting prenatal yoga at the healing tree in Quincy Center March 14th, they're doing a prenatal yoga series every Sunday from 3-4:15 for like 7-8 week I believe...there still accepting people for the classes, if your interested you can call & they'll hold a spot for you.  They also have prental yoga classes at Open Doors Yoga studio in Weymouth Landing on Thursday night from 5:15-6:15...I don't know what your work schedule is like, I work in Norwood and can usually get out a little early as long as I don't have meetings if you wanted to catch a class one night...my e-mail is jsousa@maximaconsulting.com if your interested

- Jackie

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sarah-

I definitely understand your concerns.  It's so hard for me to figure out what I should & shouldn't be doing.  Thanks for the introduction.  I might try a prenatal yoga class that starts 3/14 and is a 6 wk session at Healing Tree in Quincy that some people have suggested on this board today.  We'll see how it goes.  Commutimng into the city is great exercise all on it's own!  Best of luck with everything.

• Options
    Check out prenatal yoga at Mamas Move in Norwell. They've got certified instructors, and there's also a class where the head trainer and co-owner, Lauren, will show you how to exercise during each trimester. I heard about it through a friend and just tried a yoga class. I'm planning to enroll in the exercising throughout your pregnancy class. They also have prenatal education classes -- like childbirth, breastfeeding and hypnobirthing. I live in Boston and it's only 20 minutes from where I live, right off of rte 3.
  • Options

Jackie-

Thanks.  I was thinking about the prenatal class at the Healing Tree in Quincy on Sundays, since I don't usually get back to my car until 6-630 from Boston during the week.  Maybe I'll see you there.

-Amanda

• Options

thanks so much, abk!! after i typed all that i thought "uh oh, i don't want to sound to scary or negative", sorry! good luck at the class in march, let me know how it goes:)

cool, great recommendations, everyone...thank you!!!

• Options
    mlentine, I may take the hypnobirthing at Mama Moves, I was waiting til they came out with another session a little closer to my due date, I read if you sign up for a class you get a month free of prenatal yoga, so def may try it!
  • Options
    Hi Sarah, not to go off topic, but your house is gorgeous!  My husband & I bought a fixer upper 3 years ago and our slowly remodeling, currently our project is the bathroom & I have been struggling with tile selections, but I just wanted to comment on what gorgeous style you have, I may need to steal some of your idea's....I wish I had an eye like your's, I feel like I am terrible w/ decorating!
  • Options
    Great! Maybe I'll see you at Healing Tree next month Amanda! Take care : )
  • Options

imagemrsjsousa:
    Hi Sarah, not to go off topic, but your house is gorgeous!  My husband & I bought a fixer upper 3 years ago and our slowly remodeling, currently our project is the bathroom & I have been struggling with tile selections, but I just wanted to comment on what gorgeous style you have, I may need to steal some of your idea's....I wish I had an eye like your's, I feel like I am terrible w/ decorating!

hi! wow, thanks so much, you totally just made my day:) oooh, congrats on your fixer upper!! i often wish we had bought older instead of newer, but DH is not quite as into all these diy projects as i am!!! we haven't tackled a bathroom yet (we eventually need to completely redo our upstairs one), so you're probably more of an expert than me!!! good luck with the tile!!! where do you live?

i'm a regular over on the decorating and renovating board and just found this local one a few days ago. its great to talk to other local expectant moms. good luck with your LO:)

• Options
    I live in Braintree, my husband owns a painting & taping company, however our house doesn't look like he does : )  It's hard to get him dedicated to an at-home project when he is busy with projects for his business...I am very jealous of people with newer homes, I love the old charm my house has, but there is nothing better then that new feeling for me : )  We only have an upstairs bathroom, so we have been living in the middle of a reno for a couple of months now, not so fun, we're planning on finishing the basement & adding a second bathroom at some point as we just can't find a spot for it on our 1st floor.  I am also new to the board, I scanned your blog though and you really have fabulous style, I wish I could just put things together like that, I think my problem is I have trouble sticking with a theme or style line & then I open up the magazines or browse the sites and I just like everything! LOL  Nice chatting with you on here & I hope you don't mind me following your blog : ) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"