Boston Babies

Free or Cheap Events/Classes for Baby?

What are your favorite baby programs that don't break the bank?

I try to take Vivi to the free library sing-a-longs in Arlington on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Re: Free or Cheap Events/Classes for Baby?

• Together in Motion in Arlington has open gym for Babies/Toddlers Tuesdays and Fridays....$5 drop in.

Stellabella in Porter Square has free music Thursdays at 11 (Jeff Jam).

The other Stellabella has some other freebies, but we normally don't make the trek to Inman.

Isis Maternity has $5 drop in playgroups at all locations.

If you join the Arlington Boys and Girls club, they have free family swims on Friday evenings.  Memebership is only $22 a year.

The Gibbs gym in Arlington has a drop in open gym (never been).

You can try other libraries in other towns for freebies.  

Also, we LOVE using the library passes for museums.  Every month we try to do 2 trips.  Some end up being free, some are just discounted, but it's been a lifesaver this winter!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't know much about it since I don't have a baby yet, but my SIL loves this guitar/singer that sets up shop in a Finagle A Bagel in Needham once a week and sings kids songs. And it's free!
  • Loading the player...
  • Great ideas, ladies.  Keep 'em coming.
  • one of my moms groups meets at the food court of the Burlington mall.  there is playspace for the kids to work up their appetites, then we grab a cheap lunch.

another funny thing i've been told by moms with older kids is to go to the "free zoo" aka the pet store.  can't wait to try that one soon and show him all the dogs, cats and fish!

imageimage

• We don't do playgroup things...its still hard for us to see other babies her age. So we got to the mall, craft stores, flower stores and pet stores she loves looking at everything and "talking" to all the pretty things she sees. Its great because its free, she loves it and it helps us get used to getting out with her and all her stuff!
    Diagnosed with ML type II at 1 year, a progressively destructive disorder. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker check out my blog http://mommaskye.blogspot.com/ Expecting a little boy! Diagnosed with ML type II at 19 weeks Pregnancy Ticker
  • Destination Maternity (the store) has free infant sign and also yoga classes.  You just have to sign-up ahead of time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"