3rd Trimester
Options

Opinions on nickname for Jackson

I posted on names board too but want some opinions from you ladies as well. 

My DH and I both like Jackson but he doesn't like Jack or Jax as a nickname.  We both like Jake but aren't fans of Jacob or Jacoby.  We have a short last name so DH feels strongly we should go with a fullname with nickname for first name which I respect. Do you think that fullname Jackson with nickname Jake would just be odd?  Not all nicknames are close to full name, ie. James and Jim, Joseph and Joey. I know we can't prevent people from calling him Jack but for the most part when parents chose a nickname most people will use it.

Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Opinions on nickname for Jackson

• Options
    Jake sounds like a good nickname! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Personally, I'm not a fan of nicknames (which is why we picked a relatively nickname-free name).  You can stop people from calling him Jack by correcting them.  My mom did it with me and I've been able to avoid the Krissy's, Kris's, Kristy's my whole life:o)  However, if you really feel the need to use a nickname, I think Jake would be fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think Jackson-Jake is weird. Go for it!
    Baby #3
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • Options
    My nephew is named Jackson and no one has ever called him anything but Jackson.
    Cole Alexander 6.9.10
  • Options
    A couple I know named their son Jackson, and they just call him Son, which I think is a little weird...  Have you considered using the middle name as a nickname?  I know its not common but my MIL did that to my SIL and she really likes it.
  • Options
    I have a 5 year old cousin Jackson, who we call Jackie. Lol.
  • Options
    We are naming our LO Jackson. I absolutely love the name and don't really feel a need to give him a nickname. With that said I am sure that we will get the friend or family member who calls him Jack and it won't be the end of the world for us as we like Jack as well. Honestly, when they go to school they get their own friends who give them nicknames you may or may not like. I think if you like the name go for it but if you have an issue with Jack and really like Jake maybe just name him Jake. Just my opinion... but Jackson is a great name!
  • Options

I don't think its weird. Although i know someone named Jackson and we never called him anything except Jackson. The only people that use nicknames like.. Jay or Jack were friends at school.

My LO is going to be Nathan, but DH hates Nate as a nickname. He said hes just going to tell everyone to call him Nathan.

• Options

I'd be afraid that if you nicknamed him Jake, everyone would assume his name is Jacob.  My nickname is Gen and my fullname is nowhere near Jennifer!  But I get called that all the time. 

But if you like Jake as a nickname, go for it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"