Arkansas Babies

Hey sucrets!

I was just wondering about you the other day, since I don't get on TK at all anymore and I had lost track of you over the months. How is everything going? Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl, or are you waiting? I hope you're having an easy pregnancy!

Re: Hey sucrets!

• Hey Amelia!

I am having a pretty good pregnancy so far.  The worst of it has been my lower back pain, but it's not too bad.  We are having a girl - there was no way we could wait to find out!

What about yourself?  How's NWA treating you?

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So glad to hear everything is going well! Congratulations on your little girl! Do you have a name picked out yet, or is it a secret?

We're having a girl as well. We're going to name her Elizabeth Raelynn, and we're going to call her Ellie for short. I can't wait for her to be here! We're not quite ready in terms of having the nursery set up and everything, but we're totally emotionally ready. We can't wait to see her little face. Everything else is going well, we bought a house in November so that was good. It's been a big year. Smile

Anyway, I'm so glad you're doing well!
  • Loading the player...
  • We're still working on the name, lol.  My friends at work have been bugging me...they said "we don't know how you do things in NY, but here in the south we put names on everything"!  So DH and I really need to come to a consensus on that.  We're pretty close, though.

I love your name choice!  And Ellie is such an adorable nickname.  :)

We've been working on her room a little bit at a time, but don't want to set up too much in case we move over the summer.  Now that it's March, I'm sure stuff will start pouring in - all of my showers are this month, and we already got our high chair (from my aunt) shipped to us today!

Have you started taking any classes yet?  

UAMS offers a bunch, so we started last week.  I haven't learned anything revolutionary, but it's been nice getting some handouts for reference.

How are you feeling so far?  I had my 3 hour glucose screening today and almost passed out about 40 min in.  Not fun.

Congrats on the house!  I can't wait to figure out where we'll be settling so that we can finally get on that!  We're definitely not staying here (no job prospects for DH) so it wasn't wise to buy for only 2 years.

Alright, time to make my lunch and get some sleep.  Happy almost Tuesday!

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Aw, thanks! We've had it picked out since before we even got married because we knew we wanted to do family names. Elizabeth is my sister's middle name. Ellie, however, I just thought was cute. Smile I think you'll know the perfect name when it comes to you, though.

How fun that your showers are coming up! Mine aren't until April, and I'm so excited about them. It feels a little weird to be having baby showers now, since we just had wedding showers in August, but I'm still looking forward to it. Yay for the high chair!

I don't think we're going to do any formal classes, just because they're not in our budget right now. We have some DVD's we've been watching which have been very helpful. I actually like them a lot because I can watch them whenever I like and as many times as I like.

I'm feeling good, I had to do the 3hr glucose test as well. I just did it today, actually. I only missed the 1hr test by like 9 points so I'm not too terribly worried. I had an episode with kidney stones a few weeks ago that landed me in L&D, but other than that, everything has gone very smoothly.

So, what areas are you looking at moving to? I hope your H is able to find something great! Are you still going to teach after the baby comes?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"